Anybody with a lick of sense would have been outside today. It was absolutely gorgeous. The perfect day for a little outing, so an outing we had.
Danny has been wanting to eat at Famous Dave's BBQ for months now, so our first stop was there. Tyler wasn't that impressed with Dave's BBQ, but he was definitely a fan of the big bear Dave has outside his restaurant. Lydie, on the other hand, didn't care much about anything except throwing everything within her reach on the floor. That girl, that girl. I'm not sure how my food tasted because I was too busy playing referee the whole meal, but I think Danny, Noni and Poppy liked what they ate.
After two diaper changes, hugs for the big bear, and reloading the cars, we headed out to Mount Vernon, which is always a crowd-pleaser. Again, it didn't disappoint.
For three solid hours, Tyler Reed ran and ran and ran. He had a ball out there. The bulls, sheep, pigs, and chickens provided the perfect entertainment for him, and the beautiful scenery was more than enough to satisfy the rest of us.
In fact, the most exciting part of our visit was getting to see all the lambs up close and personal. The sheep are obviously in the process of birthing all their newest babes, so there were lambs of all shapes, sizes, and colors to see. They were adorable! Did you know that sheep really do say "baa"? I mean, I've always been taught this and have taught my kids that sheep say "baa", but, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm not certain I'd ever actually heard sheep "talk" until today. But, you'll be pleased to know, if you had any doubts, that sheep do indeed say "baa".
Our busy day has left everyone in my house exhausted, including me. So, I'm off to bed because tomorrow will certainly come before I'm fully recuperated!
**Notice that in some of the pictures of Lydie, she's standing!! She isn't holding on with her hands (although it looks like she is) and she's using my hand behind her to stabilize herself, but, doggone it, that girl is beginning to get a little bit vertical!! She's got a long way to go, for sure, but we are taking every little improvement we can get and celebrating like crazy!**
Sunday, March 21, 2010
A Little Sunday Outing
Posted by The Watsons at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















3 comments:
A-DOR-ABLE!!! Maybe that walker is helping our little princess out some? Regardless, what an awesome praise! Mt. Vernon looks like lots of fun!
I'm still laughing at the 'baa' thing. Have you never been to a petting zoo?
And just in case you're wondering: cows do really say moo, horses really neigh, pigs really oink...
: )
Looks like such a fun day and Yay for Miss Lydie!!
I'm demanding a new post....or a text or something...miss y'all!
Post a Comment