Tyler can sing his ABCs!
To you, this may seem like a minor achievement. To me, however, it represents two years of bad singing and good teaching coming to fruition out of nowhere.
In fact, I only learned he could sing the ABC song after a little boy in Trader Joe's was singing it to us in line the other day. On the way home, lo and behold, Tyler Reed proved that he, too, could sing his ABCs.
Don't think for a second that I didn't hit the repeat button on that newfound skill over and over until I about lost my voice singing with him.
It was just so precious to me because I could so vividly remember holding him as a tiny newborn baby in the rocking chair in his room and feeling an overwhelming desire to sing to him. The trouble was, I couldn't think of a single song to sing. Except the ABCs.
Then, I remembered "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Jesus Loves Me" and "You Are My Sunshine." Bless his heart, those four songs were like his infant playlist. I eventually threw in a few others, but I can so clearly see myself sitting there as a new mom picking my own brain for some sort of tune to sing to my baby and only being able to come up with the ABCs. It was pathetic then, admittedly, but hearing him sing that song now makes it all the more precious.
I just can't get enough of that little voice.
**I have tried numerous times to upload the video that accompanies this post to no avail. I will try again later.**
0 comments:
Post a Comment