Dr. Gordon called today with the results of Lydie's MRI.
Apparently, Lydie has a good lookin' spine with not a thing out of place! Hooray!
However, while they were taking pictures of her lumbar spinal area, they caught a glimpse of her right kidney and noticed that it has fluid on it/around it/in it (we weren't exactly sure of the details). Since this was noted on the pictures, Dr. Gordon wants to do a follow-up ultrasound to check Lydie's kidney function.
What we're learning is that our girl is full of surprises, no doubt.
And, that we have no idea why she is so developmentally delayed.
She will start physical therapy next week, so we are hoping and praying that that will get her going in the right direction. At this point, there are no other medical tests that need to be done in the way of her gross motor skills; physical therapy and a whole lot of prayer is all that's left.
We're definitely banking on the prayer.
And we are so, so, so thankful that the Lord saw to it that our baby would have a perfectly normal spinal cord. We are well aware of what a blessing that is.
Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We'll keep you informed as we move ahead.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Hooray!
Posted by The Watsons at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What wonderful news! Yippeeee!!!
That is great news! She is probably like her Daddy and just does things at her pace when she is good and ready. -Julie McWilliams
I'm not even sure if I responded to your text yesterday---things have been way more than hectic at work. So...I apologize. Please be assured that when I read your text I shouted out a Praise God! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment