Our little lady just tickles us to death. She is so funny when she gets to giggling with you, loves to play "Where's Lydie?", and can't get enough of her big brother or Miss Kitty.
If we're being honest, however, she'd prefer Miss Kitty to Tyler, I think.
And, she'd run away with her daddy in a heartbeat. She adores him.
In the past day or two, we've been noticing where we are sitting her on her blanket because within twenty minutes or so, she'll be across the blanket in a completely different spot. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how she's doing it. Danny says she's stretching her legs out and then crunching them up close to her body (almost like she's trying to sit in a butterfly stretch), but somewhere in there she's got to be scooting somehow. I just can't catch her doing it, and it is so subtle, she's moved before you realize she's even made the effort. It's astounding, really.
We're just so thrilled that she's trying to go somewhere at all that we could care less exactly how she's getting there!
We've also noticed that she's been leaning on her left arm a lot if she's reaching for a toy that is a little bit out of reach. I hope that means that her arms are getting stronger and might be able to hold up more of her weight before long.
All of this is very encouraging in light of all this "developmental delay" business. It gives us some hope that maybe things aren't as bad as our minds are letting us imagine they could be.
Regardless of anything and everything else, she remains the prettiest thing I've ever laid my eyes on. She is just beautiful.
Even though you might not know it based on these drooly, prune-faced pictures. In my defense, I think the camera brought out all the messiness because she didn't look so out of sorts through the lens!!
We are so thankful for our Lydie Sue--for what she means to us, for what she's teaching us, and for how her smile is blessing our lives and our home every single day.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Sweet Sue
Posted by The Watsons at 7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
She IS the most beautiful little 9-month-old I've ever seen!!!! She is a sneaky one for sure! And I'm glad to see that my Connor's clothes aren't the only ones soaked in drool!
That is one adorable little girl, for sure. LOVE HER. (And y'all, too.)
Post a Comment