Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Miracles

Today I declared a "do nothing" day since there was a 90% chance of rain and a 100% chance that I didn't want to do much anyway.

So, we stayed in our pajamas all day, watched The Letter Factory and Fireman Sam at least a hundred times each, and laughed and giggled until we could laugh and giggle no more.

The two best things that happened today were, thanks to a fabulous crock-pot cookbook from Lou Anne at Christmas, I had dinner cooking by 10:30 a.m. and no need to worry come 4:30 p.m. about what on earth to fix. And, the very best thing that happened, which NEVER happens around here, is that I got to take a nap!!

I laid Lydie down at 1-ish and Ty down at 1:30 p.m. I then did some laundry and some dishes and caught up on emails. By 2:45 p.m., I knew we were nearing Lydie's wake-up time, so I didn't want to get involved in any other projects. I wasn't really tired until I walked by my bedroom and saw Miss Kitty curled up on my side of the bed. I quickly derailed any other plans and hopped in the bed with her.

When I woke up to Lydie's babbles and giggles, it was 5:30 p.m. Thank goodness supper was already done!

I hurried to get Lydie and Ty out of bed before Danny got home, lest he should think all we do around here is sleep and be lazy!

I can't even believe we all slept that long!! I am mostly concerned that this will cause Lydie to be up in the middle of the night now, but, for the afternoon, it was worth it!

By the way, thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have posted such supportive comments, sent encouraging emails, and made loving phone calls in regard to Lydie's physical delays. I was able to schedule her first physical therapy appointment for March 11th at 9 a.m. We didn't hear from the MRI folks today, so I will give them through tomorrow before I try to track them down myself. This Mama Bear will stop at nothing to get her little cub seen about!
Please continue to keep us in your prayers. You won't waste a single one!



2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

So glad you got a good nap in today. What a great way to start the week. I did have to chuckle when I read that you weren't tired until you saw Miss Kitty. I am the same way. I will feel all productive as soon as I get the kids down, and then I'll see Reagan all curled up on her chair...the next thing you know, I'm waking up from a two hour nap!

Joy Peterson said...

I am insanely jealous of these naps you people take....so not fair.

But hey, if I can't get any sleep in, I feel better that someone is : )