Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blizzard Update #4

Here are a few more pictures I took as the sun was setting this evening. I love how sparkly the snow is in some of them. In person, it looked like someone had dumped iridescent glitter all over the snow. It was really, really pretty.

We may try to take a walk tomorrow to see what we can see beyond our little corner of the world. If you're still interested, check for another update tomorrow afternoon.


A partially shoveled path along the sidewalk...can you see the buried cars in the distance??


The snow was up to Ty's chest this evening. He couldn't walk in it at all.


I love the lighting in this one. Look at all those parked cars out there!


The front of our house



Danny and Lydie at the front door



Ty is so, so, so funny about his hands being dirty. He must wash them 30 times a day. Here, he was saying, "Cleam up, Cleam up" because the snow was on his mittens. It took a lot of convincing, but he finally understood there was no way around the snow unless you just stayed inside.



Walking to our front door is an obstacle course.


We still haven't been brave enough to open this back door. Can you see where the snow comes to??

4 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

that is just crazy!!!!!!!!! hope you are staying warm....of course, since you have no power, you won't be able to read this for a while....

Julie, the mama said...

Such beautiful pictures.

I think the story about Tyler and his hands is so cute. What a blessing that he likes to wash his hands so much. Boss does, too. Unfortunately, he prefers to wash them in the toilet. YUCK!!!

LL says "cleam," too!

Unknown said...

Oh no! No power??? What in the world do you do w/out power? Hope it is restored SOON!!
I loved reading all of your posts! These stories will stay with you forever! I love all the pics too!

Jamala said...

What a sweet little boy. He sure is proud of that shovel.