Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's 2 O'Clock Somewhere...

Today, it was 2 o'clock before I knew it.

At the risk of speaking too soon, I dare say I got my groove back, folks.

Ty woke up saying "My Gym" so I figured it was worth a shot to take him to a make-up class, even if it meant having two in tow instead of just one. And, it was blissfully easy. We even got compliments about how well behaved we were. Well, not me. I'm always well behaved. But, the kids got the compliments.

After My Gym, we braved a haircut for the little man, went by Starbucks for a chocolate milk reward, and indulged in a Japanese hibachi lunch. Oh. My. Yumminess.

During our last errand, Tyler nearly forced the entire store to evacuate based on the odor coming from his diaper. I was mortified, so we high-tailed it out of there and headed home for diaper changes and naps.

Like I said, it was 2 o'clock before I knew it. I was absolutely thrilled that we had been out and about for four hours without a single mishap. I just know I heard the angels singing as I patted myself on the back for a job well done. Finally!

It's almost bath time here, and I am already praying that we'll have a second night in a row of NO interrupted sleep. Wouldn't that be wonderful??

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Yay for good days. I don't think I could handle both of mine by myself at a Hibachi place. Impressive!

Julie, the mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow! Brave woman to do Japanese for lunch solo!!! Very impressive!
Boy do I remember those diaper embarrassments...No fun!

Joy Peterson said...

That lunch sounds awesome! And good for you to do something fun and out of the ordinary.