Friday, May 29, 2009

First Bath

Precious Princess Lydia had her first real bath last night! Her hair was looking a bit greasy and she hadn't been cleaned properly since we were in the hospital. When I saw that her umbilical cord stump had fallen off, I declared it bubble bath time!

She wasn't too sure about the whole ordeal at first, but I am sure that, in time, she'll love a little spa treatment.






By the way, the wet spot on my shirt...that would be where the princess peed on me before her dip in the tub!


Earlier in the day, Tyler tried out his sister's (formerly his) carseat. He decided it was a bit too restrictive for his 27 pound self.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn, you really look like you are in your element! You look so much more at ease this time around! Mommyhood definitely suits you!
That 4th picture is so funny! She looks like she's thinking "I could enjoy this everyday!"
Very cute!

Heather said...

You look GREAT Jenn! You are such a pro at mommyhood. I love the picture of you holding precious Lydie after her bath:)

Joy Peterson said...

I'm waiting for Connor's umblilical cord to fall off so we can properly bathe him.... I'm missing that sweet clean baby smell!

Love the pictures...and I agree with Rachel: you look so much more comfortable this time around!

ewhill said...

I still say that Lydia looks just like Tyler!
Love,
Mom

morgan collins said...

she is just beautiful! love all that hair:)

Ginger Carter Miller said...

I saw Papa Joe at the CVS this afternoon (he was on the way to Church) and he is still beaming with pride of his Princess Lydia. And he misses his Janet :-) But he sure does love you all - you are so lucky!

car said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
car said...

Congrats and so glad things are going well. Ya'll have two beautiful children.

Carla S.