At last, Lydia and I are home! We had to stay one extra day in the hospital because I woke up with terrible, tear-inducing pain in the wee hours of Friday morning. My doctor felt it was best to give me another day to recover before sending me home to life with a newborn and an almost 17 month old.
I was thankful for the extra 24 hours.
Now, I am redefining normal, yet again. It will take several weeks to get in a groove around here, and I am so glad I learned that lesson with Ty's birth. I feel so much wiser this time around, which brings about a whole lot less stress and chaos. This time, I know it will take time to adjust. I know it will take time to get a full night of sleep again. I know these newborn days won't last forever. I know things will get easier every day.
For now, I am enjoying loving and cuddling the most beautiful baby girl I have ever laid my eyes upon.
Thanks to Joy and Danny for keeping the blog updated in my absence. I have now gone through most of the pictures and picked a few favorites to share with you...

Danny waiting to join me in the O.R.
I love this picture! She measured 21 inches long, and this picture of her little foot just makes me smile.
I was quickly abandoned when Daddy fell in love with his daughter at first sight. Certainly can't blame him...
Seeing Ty for the first time after Lydie's arrival. He was sweet enough to give me a paci kiss!
Proud, proud Daddy
Please excuse my fashion statement. This was my first walk post-surgery. I was blessed with lots of special visitors. Here, I am with Sarah and her daughter, Lindsey, and Celeste and her daughter, Ella.
Pastor John Payne, from our precious church, came to visit us and pray over Lydie's life. We love Mr. Payne, but Ty especially lights up when he's around.
Lydie with Shelli Walker and Julie Savage
Jamala and Lydie
She sleeps with her mouth open sometimes and it makes me giggle! 















10 comments:
Lydie is absolutely gorgeous. So glad you are adjusting so well to life with two!
How cute!!! I love these pictures and am so glad that you are handling life with 2 under 2 so well!
I am so impressed you are blogging! WOW girl! You are going to handle this all with such ease! Isn't a little girl fun too? We are all so blessed to have the best of both worlds! God is so good! Lots of prayers for yall as you adjust to this new life...
Love in Christ, kyle
I am so glad you and Lydia are home and doing good.
Betsy
Congrats on the birth of Lydia...She is beautiful :)
Glad you are safe at home again! You look beautiful in the pictures-even the one you are sleeping in!!
Beautiful, beautiful babies!!! You guys did a great job. Glad to know you are home and well. Call if you need anything.
I LOVE her hair! You're giving me the baby bug...again!
Okay, and the pouty face is precious! High five for bows, too.
she is beautiful!! you and danny are going to love having a sweet little girl!!
Post a Comment