Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Belated Mother's Day

My first baby and me--
Mother's Day 2009

Tyler came down with a random high fever this past Saturday night, which lasted about 24 hours and kept us home from church on Sunday morning. We doctored and loved the little man and took lots of naps and were just lazy in general.

Unfortunately, our plans for celebrating Mother's Day had to be postponed.

So, tonight, Danny and Ty took me out to eat at a local Asian restaurant that I absolutely love. The orchid corsage they bought for me to wear on Sunday morning even lasted long enough for me to wear it to dinner tonight. It is still so pretty!

I am thankful to count myself among the many women who are called "Mom." It's the most difficult job I've ever been given, and I never seem to get a day off. But, I wouldn't trade the opportunity to know and raise and love Tyler (or Lydia) for anything in the universe. I feel like I have been handed a miracle every single time I look into my son's eyes. And, I know I will feel the same way as soon as I set my sights on my daughter.

I just pray I can be the kind of mother God wants me to be. My babies deserve only the very best.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of you who are moms!!

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

You are a wonderful mama. And you sure look pretty in pink. Speaking of pink, not too much longer before you can pull out all the pink for our precious little Lydia!