Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Baby Girl...

...coming right up!


One week from today, on Wednesday, May 20, 2009, we will finally meet our Lydia Rose.

I went today for my 38 week appointment/pre-op visit, and I learned that I am to report to the hospital by 10 a.m. on the 20th. My c-section is scheduled for noon, but I know that time is probably a rough estimate. Nonetheless, Lydie will be here sometime in seven days.

Seven days.

Well, almost six days.

Wow.

Honestly, I am speechless.

Ty was too enamored with the big truck at our neighbor's house to be bothered with looking at the camera. However, this is what my 38 week belly looks like. According to the doctor, I am one centimeter dilated, 50% effaced, and the baby is still very high--hasn't dropped a bit. Not surprising news...my body is very good at getting and staying pregnant, but it seems to be confused about the labor and delivery part. Praise God for modern medicine! Otherwise, I might be pregnant forever!

3 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

I've never noticed how high she really is until that picture! She's up in your lungs and I feel like Connor could fall out at any minute...crazy how different pregnancies are!

I cannot wait to see pictures of that sweet baby girl!!!!

Chris Steele said...

You are SO tiny, especially for 38 weeks. And HOLY COW, you're about to have a baby!!! I'm so excited for you--I love having two.

Unknown said...

yay!!! can't wait to meet her in pictures! so exciting! get LOTS of rest this week, when you can!