Sunday, May 17, 2009

Guessing Game

Lydia's birth date is no surprise to us. She will be born on Wednesday, May 20, 2009. In fact, we also already know that she'll be born around lunchtime.

She leaves very little to wonder about.

However, we don't know how much she'll weigh, how long she'll be, or what she'll look like.

Are you ready to take a guess?

Please reply to this post with your best guesses on Lydie's weight, length, and appearance (eye color, hair color, etc.). These guesses will be duly noted and published in her baby book.

And, there might be a prize for the closest guess...

Here are some hints that may or may not be helpful:

* Tyler weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces at birth.

* Tyler was 20.5 inches long.

* Last I checked, I have gained 24 pounds with this pregnancy. My actual weight at this moment, albeit very heavy, is still about 20 pounds less than my weight was on the day I delivered Tyler.

* Tyler spent the entire pregnancy hanging from my ribcage (it seemed), and his movements were vertical in nature. Lydie is just the opposite; she has been horizontal behind my belly button for nine months. When she moves, I can feel her body parts on both sides of my waist (at least, where my waist used to be!).

I don't think there are any other tips I can offer to help with your guess, so you'll just have to do your best!!

For the record, I am guessing that she'll be 8 pounds, 2 ounces, and 19.5 inches long. I predict that she'll have dark hair and dark eyes and will look a lot like Danny.

Have at it, friends and family!! I can't wait to see who is the closest!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to go with
7 pounds 7 ounces
19 inches

Dark hiar Dark Eyes and a great mix of mom and Dad

Joy Peterson said...

Okay, here are my guesses:

8 lbs 1 oz
20 inches long

And I think she is going to look just like you--dark hair and dark eyes....And I think she'll have that Jennifer Elaine Hill personality to go right along with those looks!

Watch out world, here she comes!

ewhill said...

I think she will be 21 inches long, blue eyes, blond hair, and will look like Danny. I think she will weigh 8 lbs. and 10 oz.
I think she will be a Daddy's girl!

Love,
Mom

The Watsons said...

I certainly hope she doesn't look like me...her mom is much prettier.
Here's the closest guess you'll get: Weight-7 lbs 6 oz; Length-19.25 inches; Hazel Eyes; Light Brown Hair; and she'll look like her beautiful mommy (but if we want Tyler to like her right away, it wouldn't hurt if she looked like Elmo.) - Daddy Daniel J.

louanne said...

I think she will be 7 lbs 13 oz. and be 21 inches. I think she will only have a little hair and it will be dark. Her eyes will be blue. Amelia is so excited about her new cousin. She asked me tonight if we could move to Texas so she could live near Aunt Jenn and see Lydia.

Unknown said...

Okay, since I've heard that second babies are usually bigger than first babies, I'm going to guess:
8lbs 13 oz
21 inches long
dark brown hair
blue eyes
darker skin complexion than Ty.

Can't wait to see her!

Julie, the mama said...

8 pounds, 3 ounces
2 inches
light hair

Lisa said...

I am going to say:

8lbs 10 oz.
19.0"
Dark hair
brown eyes
with your skin complexion

only 2 days to go! I will be waiting for the pics.

Lisa Holmes

Ginger Carter Miller said...

I am waiting for Jenn to guess because she got Tyler right on the money.

But I'll guess on the smaller size -- I think she'll be 6 pounds, 11 oz and be 19 inches long. And she'll be as beautiful as her mother, as strong as her Daddy, and as much fun as her older brother.

Valerie Branton said...

Madeline says Lydia will be just the same as she was because they are already BFFs...8.6oz...19 inches...

Joe and Janet watson said...

I'm so excited that Lydie will be here tomorrow and we'll know all the answers.

7lb. 14oz.
20.3 inches
eyes: brown
Hair: brown
Danny's complexion-I tried to wash the olive complexion color off Danny's fingers when he was a toddler.
She will be perfect!

Mamama

Paul said...

One Dollar!!!

In the alternative, 7lbs 7oz 21in