Friday, April 3rd, 2009--
On Sundays, we go to church.
On Mondays, Ty goes to school, and I clean the house.
On Tuesdays, we go to The Little Gym and then play with Kai and his mommy, Jamala.
On Wednesdays, Ty goes to school, and I do whatever errands need to be done sans baby.
On Thursdays, we usually find something to get into (this week it was the park).
On Fridays...
...well, Fridays sometimes scare me.
The end of the week hits like a ton of bricks, and, while you'd think it would be nice to just have a quiet day at home, Tyler and I have become so accustomed to being on the go that a snail's pace makes us a bit antsy. Especially me.
Thankfully, Sarah called at 8:30 a.m. and said, "What are y'all doing today?" I said, "I have no idea, but I am in the market to find something to do. What are y'all doing?"
Thus, our spur-of-the-moment coffee playdate was born.
It was agreed that she and Lindsey would go to Starbucks to secure the coffee and coffee cake yummies, and then they'd head to our house to play. Excellent!
I knew there must be a story when Sarah came in with two grande drink cups, two coffee cake bags, and two waters.
You see, Lindsey is a little over two years old, but she and Sarah and Ty and I have been having coffee dates since early last year (like, when Ty was still sleeping away in his carrier). So, her formative language was happening in those early days, and she started associating the Starbucks logo with coffee and Tyler (although, I am certain her mommy gave her plenty of other opportunities to learn about Starbucks, even when we weren't involved!).
Somewhere along the way, Lindsey decided that she needed a "coffee water" when she went to Starbucks. All this meant was that she wanted water in a Starbucks cup. That "coffee water" made for a really happy little girl.
Well, apparently, now that her Starbucks experiences and language development have become further advanced, she has learned that ordering a drink at Starbucks is usually multi-faceted. Which brings me to why poor Sarah had so many things in tow when they came over.
When Sarah and Lindsey went to Starbucks for the coffee and coffee cake, Lindsey wanted a "coffee water" for herself and insisted on one for Ty, as well. The funniest part is that she ordered her water by saying that she wanted a "tall, not fat, coffee water." Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard?? I've been laughing about it ever since she told me!!
I'm so glad that Sarah is raising such a sophisticated child.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Tall, Not Fat, Coffee Water
Posted by The Watsons at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I still get a kick out of hearing/reading this story!!!
She is already smarter than me--I have not a clue how to order a drink at Starbucks!
that is the cutest thing ever. especially the "not fat" part.
Post a Comment