Friday, April 10, 2009

Choo-Choo Park

This morning, we met Jamala and Kai and Krista and Kaitlyn at the "Choo-Choo Park," otherwise known as Landa Park, in New Braunfels.

It was a windy, windy morning, and the park was packed since many of the schools are out today for Good Friday. Jamala, Krista, and I were quickly exhausted from chasing our little ones and trying to keep them out of the way of the bigger kids. And, we were sorely disappointed that they'd removed the baby swing area since we'd last been. Therefore, all the equipment was a little dangerous for our toddlers, and that kept us on alert and far from relaxed.

Luckily, Tyler and Kai were just as happy chasing the birds and the squirrels and getting their shoes covered in sand.





Eventually, we threw up our white flags, fled the chaos, and headed for the "choo-choo" train. I love that this park has a little train that tours the grounds. It's perfect on a hot day for cooling off with a little breeze, and it was the perfect retreat we needed today before our frustration meters blew.

Plus, I can't get enough of hearing Ty say "choo-choo." It's just the cutest thing my ears have ever heard.



Waiting for his turn on the choo-choo.



Ty and Kai had a snack while they waited to ride the train.


Krista and Kaitlyn


Ty wasn't a fan of posing with me, so this is the best we got.


Sitting on the choo-choo like a big boy.



For the life of me, I don't understand why he never smiles for the camera. Moments later, when he spotted the ducks in the river, I thought he might jump off the train with all the squealing and "quacking" he was doing.

Granted, he was already tired from all the running he'd been doing for an hour...

So was I.

Tomorrow, we're taking the big guy to see Disney on Ice. Let me be perfectly honest, this excursion is 99.9% for me, and my husband and son are kind enough to buy tickets and accompany me to the show. I can never get enough of ice shows and circuses. Never.

But, it might also have something to do with the cotton candy they sell. Rest assured, I WILL have a bag of cotton candy, even if it costs more than my ticket.

1 comments:

ewhill said...

This is so cute. I love getting to see the videos of Ty and his friends.
Have a great time at Disney on Ice. Wish that I could be there with you. Ice Shows are my favorite, as you well remember!

Love,
Mom