Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hippity Hop!

We will never allow Tyler (or any other children we have) to believe that Easter is about the Easter Bunny or Easter baskets or candy or egg hunts. We will always emphasize Christ's life, death, and (hallelujah!) resurrection as the reason for celebrating the Easter season.

However, I can no more resist the annual Easter bunny picture than I can resist Santa Claus at Christmas. It's a tradition that my kids will be a part of (if for no other reason than my entertainment) even as they learn the true meaning of Easter.

Here's this year's picture:

15 months old

And, a look at how he's grown in the past year:
(and, can we get an "Amen" that this year's bunny backdrop is much less atrocious than last year's??)

Almost 3 months, March 2008

Happy Easter, y'all!

4 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

At least he posed for the picture...

Do you do Easter Baskets at your house? Just wondering if I am the only one who does them...

He is such a precious little boy--and he's growing up much to fast for my liking!

Julie, the mama said...

I think that bunny looks scary. Just think, this time next year, you'll have two little bunnies!

ewhill said...

I love it! I can't believe how much he has grown. The Easter Bunny hasn't changed a bit.
Keep the true meaning of Easter first, but it is okay to have Easter Bunny fun, too. These days will pass very quickly. Enjoy every second of it.
Just know that Ty will probably have a hard time finding the eggs, even if they are right in front of his face. You may have to show him exactly where they are, but that is part of the fun!
Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

That really puts it in perspective how fast they grow up!
And Joy, you're not the only who does Easter baskets!!! We do too!