Monday, April 13, 2009

Resurrection Sunday

We had a spectacular Easter Sunday!

I had the perfect Easter outfit all ready to go for Tyler--a monogrammed shortall and new, leather sandals. An excellent choice for the hot Texas weather we normally have.

But, when the forecast called for cool temps and an 80% chance of storms, I had to renegotiate Tyler's apparel. Poor guy. He just wore his orange polo shirt, khaki pants, and tennis shoes. Nothing special, but I declare he was just as cute as he would have been in the special outfit I had originally chosen...the outfit he could have actually worn since there was never a single storm and the skies were blue and the temperature was in the 80s. Go figure.

Our church service was awesome. Pastor David preached the gospel in the most powerful way, and my heart was touched anew by the sacrifice of our Savior.

After church, we went to our friends', the Owens', house. Anthony had been smoking chicken, sausage, and brisket all weekend, and it was delicious! The kids played and played.
Unfortunately, Tyler cashed out on us before he got to do the Easter Egg Hunt, but I think he was more thankful for his nap than he would have been for eggs!! Cynthia was nice enough to send home a basket full of eggs and treats for Ty, so he really didn't miss out too much.

Besides, the inflatable ball pit was more than enough to keep him entertained!


Ty's Easter basket--Elmo and Cookie Monster bibs, Elmo toy car, Thomas the Train bath toys, Eight Little Monkeys book, and three Elmo eggs filled with treats (cheerios, yogurt melts, and puffs).


Enjoying his Easter breakfast after opening his basket

Playing at the Owens' house


The ball pit was a hit!
And, just because these last weeks of pregnancy are making me a little nostalgic, here's a look at last Easter (when, ironically, it was freezing cold when it was supposed to be hot...perhaps I should begin choosing hot and cold weather Easter outfits from now on!).

My, how my baby has grown!!



1 comments:

ewhill said...

Tyler looks like he is having so much fun! He really has grown since last year!
I am glad that you all had a wonderful Easter!
I want to see pictures of the outfit that Tyler was supposed to wear!
Talk to you later!
Love,
Mom