Tonight, after church, Danny and I drove through Bill Miller BBQ for some dinner. There's never time to eat before church, and due to Danny's early morning work demands tomorrow, we couldn't go eat with our friends (because we always talk and visit until well after 10 p.m.), so we picked the BBQ drive-thru.
Now, let's be very, very clear. Texans think they are famous for their BBQ. They are not; at least not in our opinions. Southern BBQ, as in from Georgia, Alabama, the Carolinas, Tennessee, and/or Mississippi, is, hands down, the best BBQ in America. Don't let these Texans ever try to fool you.
However, at Bill Miller BBQ, you can find the most delicious slice of pecan pie this side of the Mississippi River. I'm normally not a pecan pie fan, but this is hard to beat.
My order tonight: House salad topped with BBQ chicken and a slice of pecan pie.
At least I attempted to do the noble thing.
Anyway, before we made our order and before our order was complete (read: twice), the drive-thru gal asked us if we'd like a whole BBQ chicken for $3. Danny said no after I reminded him that I have a whole chicken in the fridge that's just moments from going in the crock-pot. He mumbled about what a great deal that was on the way to the window, but our order was finished and there was no turning back.
Until we got to the window...and then the gal asked if we'd like to change our order from a slice of pecan pie ($1.59) to a whole pie for $3. I don't think Danny finished his breath before he shouted YES. I mean, I was trying to be somewhat healthy and here he goes bringing a whole pecan pie in my house.
The moral of this story is that if you live in our area and you hit Bill Miller's at about 8:30 p.m., everything seems to go on sale for $3. You can get a well-rounded meal of chicken and pecan pie for $6 plus tax.
Not bad when you consider that that pie will give you a little taste of heaven!
________________________________________
Side note that is definitely not worthy of a whole blog, but funny nonetheless...
Tonight, as I was sitting down for church, I bent over to get my Bible out of my bag. While bringing it from my bag to the table, somehow, and I'll never be able to explain it, the Word of God hit me in my nose. It started bleeding. A lot. Right as I was shaking the preacher's hand. So embarrassing.
Thank God for baby wipes and a nearby bathroom where I was able to tuck my tail and get my nose and pride back in gear.
Hey, if you're going to shed blood, you may as well shed some blood for Jesus, right? After all, He did the same for you!
2 comments:
You Watson's trip me out with your pictures! You're always posing with food--first Mexican cheese dip and now Pecan (pronounced Pee-can) pie!
Danny, Jennifer,
We want #3.00 pie and chicken when we return. The pie looked great. Just think at Mama Dips the same type pie would be no less than $14.00. Congratulations on passing the test. Jennifer, thanks for the pictures and writing.
Love, Papa Joe
Post a Comment