Sunday, August 24, 2008

Coffee Date Friday

It is Sunday night at 11 :04 p.m., and I am just now finding a moment to post these pictures from our fun Friday playdate with Sarah and Lindsey.

I call it a playdate, but, well, it's certainly not that formal. You see, anyone who knows me well knows that I have deep affection for a Starbucks Grande Non-Fat Chai Tea Latte. Luckily, sweet Sarah, has an equally strong affection for a Starbucks Grande Non-Fat Light Whip Mocha. Since we have such similar interests in Starbucks and because we were instant friends (don't you love those?) and want to hang out often, we have a Starbucks date at least one morning a week. It is so ritualistic that her daughter, at 20 months old, will repeat "Coffee, Ty-der" all the way to Starbucks. She knows we go for coffee, and she knows she'll see Tyler. Maybe our addiction is a little much...

Friday, however, was different. I sent her a text message at some ridiculous hour on Thursday night asking if she'd like to meet at Starbucks at 9 a.m. Friday. I guess I had high hopes of having my act together on Friday morning, but when Sarah called at about 8:30, all I could think was, "I really want a chai tea latte, but I really don't feel like getting Tyler and myself ready to get there by 9." We decided that we'd both see how we were feeling in a little while and maybe just go later.

Not able to resist the chai latte temptation, I quickly devised a plan. Starbucks is within 3 miles of my house and Sarah's house is within 1 mile. I called Sarah and informed her that Tyler and I would be bringing Starbucks to her, but that I would still be in my p.j.s. She was okay with it.

Fantastic! I love having friends that support my Starbucks habits. And, Tyler is about to catch up with Lindsey in the mobility department, so she'll have a run for her money soon. In fact, she might start saying, "Coffee, Ty-der" with a little more dread in her voice...

I hope you can start your week with a Starbucks Grande Something-Or-Other!!


Lindsey (20 months) and Tyler (7 1/2 months)

Lindsey was so nice to share her toys.

Ty really liked that he could stand up and play with this one. I think one of these activity tables is in our future...



Lindsey watching her favorite show, Little Einsteins.

Somehow, my child managed to back himself under this ottoman. Then, he realized he was going to require assistance to get out!



Sarah and Lindsey...a couple of my favorite girls!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Girl, you sho do love you some Starbucks!

You are right, it won't be long before Tyler is chasing Lindsey. He looks like a little boy sitting beside her.

Those activity tables are well worth the money (if you can manage to tune out the sounds yourself), and they provide hours of entertainment.

Unknown said...

My goodness! You DO love Starbucks!!!
I was hoping for a PJ pic of you and Ty!!!!!
And I agree with Julie, the activity tables are WELL worth the money. Our favorite was the one in your pictures...lots of entertainment!

Joy Peterson said...

Addison didn't have an activity table at home, but at school--it was her favorite!

That pic of Ty-der (I love how kids say that name...) underneath the ottoman is so precious!!!