Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crawling Crazies

Y'all, this crawling thing is already getting on my nerves a little bit! It is so, so cute to watch Ty move around, but his furniture climbing and dog bowl fishing (yes, Julie, he has found Daisy's water bowl) is a little annoying. I have to keep him in sight constantly which puts a damper on getting anything else done, and it also means carrying him around a whole lot. He suddenly has a total meltdown if I leave the room, which is endearing in some ways, not so endearing in others.

Don't get me wrong: I am humbly thankful to God for the miracle He has given me in Tyler, and I am blessed that my child has the ability to be mobile when others are not. It's just that my reality is changing a little bit and it is forcing me to change up my game plan some. I'll get used to it. It's just another step on the child-rearing ladder. Was it John Michael Montgomery whose song said, "Life's a dance you learn as you go"? So true, so true.

Here's a peek at my little guy on the move. I think he gets cuter by the minute! And, I think he's looking more like his Daddy these days. Maybe that's where the cuter is coming in...

3 comments:

Bill said...

Just about the time you start getting used to the crawling, he'll start walking. Let the baby proofing begin (although I never found a way to baby proof the dog bowl).

I'm so glad you and Joy are so good about taking videos. You will treasure these forever.

Joy Peterson said...

HOw precious!!! I love that crawling video!

When Addie was looking at this page, she kept saying puppy...puppy...yellow puppy!

She's so smart, I'll tell ya! That must come from JP! : )

Thanks for coming to my rescue this evening...I'll holla at ya tomorrow :)

louanne said...

I wish we lived closer . Tyler and Collin would have so much fun.
They will be keeping us busy. I do think boys are much more curious than girls. I will be doing lots more child proofing with Collin than I ever had to do with the girls.