Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friday, August 1st--Tyler's First Trip to the Zoo!!!

Friday was a special day for Tyler. He went to the zoo for the very first time! Seeing as how I absolutely love zoos and aquariums and all things relating to animals, it was a big treat for me, too!

We were joined on our zoo trip by some friends from church--Heather, and her son Micah, and Cynthia, and her daughter Kallie. Micah and Kallie are both around 18 months old, so they "got" the zoo more than Tyler did. He was mostly interested in everything at his eye level: fences, tree trunks, leaves. He did really like the Africa Live part where the Hippos and lots of fish were swimming in a glassed-in tank. The fish were big and colorful enough for him to follow with his eyes. He also got a big kick out of the bird area where there were brightly colored birds in the trees above him. He stared for a long time at those birds trying to figure out what they were, while his ever-teaching mother was showing him the sign for bird and saying "tweet, tweet" over and over. Poor thing must have been mortified.

Even though it was an overcast, occasionally breezy day in San Antonio, we all still managed to sweat buckets. Other than that, fun was had by all. I'm already looking forward to our next trip to the zoo!


Tyler and me with the flamingos. They really stunk.

This is Cynthia's daughter, Kallie


This is Heather's son, Micah.



Tyler was still looking at the birds in the nearby trees. I think he completely missed the fact that we were sitting within inches of a leopard.

Heather and Micah

(L-R) Heather, Micah, Kallie, and Cynthia

2 comments:

ewhill said...

This is so cool! I am glad that you and Ty are getting to go out and have fun with friends. It is good for him to socialize with others. That picture of the hippos under water is really awesome. Tyler is growing so fast, and I am missing it! It makes me very sad. Can't wait to see him again soon!

Bill said...

I love that your friends all have young kids, and that y'all do such fun things. Tyler will learn a lot from the older kids.

Very cute pictures!