
For Tyler's seven month birthday, he got a special play date with his friend, Meagan! Tyler met Meagan at The Little Gym when he started taking the Bugs class in May. All the children in the class just love one another, and it has been a treat to watch them all grow and change over the last several months.
We discovered that Meagan and another friend, Skylar, both live very close to us. In fact, Meagan's house is less than a mile away! So, Meagan's mom planned a play date for us this afternoon. Unfortunately, Skylar couldn't make it this time, but Tyler and Meagan still had a lot of fun together.
My lesson of the day is that my little angel needs to learn the meaning of sharing. He cried every time Meagan had a toy and I wouldn't let him take it from her. I don't want him getting a bad reputation and losing play date pals. I guess we need to start working on his chivalry with the ladies now!
Anyway, they were really cute together. They were extremely interested in grabbing each other's faces, and Meagan really liked touching Ty's hair. Can you believe Meagan is almost ten months old??? She is so tiny! She only weighs 16 pounds and looks like a little doll compared to Tyler. She will grow a little bit more slowly because she has a mild form of Down Syndrome, but you wouldn't know it based on how she plays and moves and talks. She is exactly like all the other kiddos in our gym class, and she is super-blessed to have such active parents who give her lots and lots of opportunities for growth and development. Her mama is a bundle of loving energy; it just radiates off of her. Awesome, awesome woman!
I am SO excited that Tyler and Meagan will be together in the Bugs class for a few more months, and I am even more thrilled to know that they live so close to us! No excuses not to play together often!! I think Tyler really enjoyed turning seven months old today!!
P.S. Is it "play date" or "playdate"? I voted for one word, but the spellchecker voted for two. I, begrudgingly, allowed the spellchecker to win, but I'm not convinced that it's correct.


This was so cute. Meagan was saying, "Cheese!" Like any other princess, she knows exactly what to do when the camera comes out!
7 comments:
Meagan is a cutie!!! And Tyler looks so precious playing with her! I have always loved watching the way babies and toddlers interact with one another...it's like you can see their thoughts with every glance.
Meagan may only be 16 lbs but she has got the cutest chunky little arms...you know how I love some chunky babies!
So glad you found a playdate close to home...these 2 will be fast friends in no time!
Oh, is that a rug down on the floor or a blanket? I love that! What is it?
I'm with you on playdate, but I'm quite (got it right that time, huh?) sure either way is fine! :-)
Having friends that live close by is priceless.
Wow you have been busy the last few days with lots of fun activities. I am so glad that you are finding friends at church and My Gym. Tyler looks like he really enjoyed the playdate. I am sure you probably enjoyed having someone to have an adult converstation with. I always look forward to our playdates for my sanity. I agree with you playdate should be one word.
Tyler , I love your hat in every picture. You are some cute boy. I love you. Papa Joe
About sharing...I used to freak out because Emily wasn't (well, and still isn't) the best sharer. Then a mom of five told me that it's their age, and to not really expect sharing until two or three. Not that it's an excuse and that you shouldn't work on it, but you don't have to be too concerned about it. That made me feel a lot better when I dropped her off in the nursery or daycare--I didn't have to worry about having the resident bully.
It's past time for a new post....get to work, Watson...I know there's tons of stories to tell....
: )
Post a Comment