I can't believe it's already 2008. This time last year, I was ecstatic to welcome in the new year because it meant that Danny would soon be home from Iraq. Little did I know, I would still have to wait a month, but, hey, he was worth the wait.
- Tyler will definitely be a 2008 baby.
- Tyler will definitely be a January baby.
- Tyler's birthstone will definitely be a garnet (not that he'll ever care to wear one).
- Tyler will definitely be a Capricorn.
- We definitely will NOT get a tax break for 2007.
- My pregnancy will definitely spread over two years (lovely).
Other than that, I don't have much wisdom about the coming year. I am obviously being taught that I have no control over anything, and that's a tough lesson for me to learn. I can't help but be a little down in the dumps right now, and I am hoping for a brighter day soon. I just can't say enough how surprised I am that this wait is so difficult. I am so anxious to meet this little guy whose right foot has been sticking out of my left side for months now. He's the same guy whose hiccups make me want to laugh and cry at the same time. And, he's the one I just can't quite envision in my mind, and I am dying to see what his little face will look like.
Thanks to all of you who have called and written with words of encouragement and bits of humor. Now that the holidays are over, it is more of a challenge to fill my days with things to occupy my time and my mind, and that makes the waiting that much worse. So, it's wonderful to have friends and family lend a little support and comfort during this anxious time.
We will keep you posted on any changes. Until then, enjoy the start of 2008, and best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!
A year ago....
Sarah and I on New Year's Eve in New Orleans, LA.

January 28th, 2007--Danny returns home from Iraq!
4 comments:
What a difference a year makes, huh? You are feeling exactly like every other 9 month pregnant woman feels in the days before the baby arrives. So, you are NORMAL!
You are probably sick of unsolicited advice, BUT if I could say anything to you right now, it would be to REST. REST when you can - day or night. Save it up!
Thinking of you nonstop!
I still love that pink sweater on you!
He'll be here before you know it...seriously.
And I (of course) agree with JHB--get some rest while you can. I'll call later today.
OK, so now we know that the men in your life make you wait for them :-)
What a lovely pattern.
You look beautiful, pregnant AND not. Hang in there, rest, and get ready for the REAL new year's excitement.
I STILL laugh every time I see that picture! LOL Long live the Potential Candidates!!! We'll have to return to the Big Easy once Tyler gets here. He needs to feel the creole love! LOL
Sarah
Post a Comment