Today is December 30th, 2007, my due date, and I do not have a baby to hold yet. I am suffering from the due date blues in a major way.
Danny and I went to the hospital this morning to have my fluid levels rechecked, and everything looked okay. They said the fluid was at about the same place that it was at on Friday, so it didn't seem to be an issue. We could see Tyler practicing his breathing again, too, so we know he is comfy cozy in there. They checked for contractions (registered some light ones that I couldn't feel) and fetal movement (he wiggled right on cue). We passed all of our tests.
The doctor decided to schedule me to be induced on January 8th, 2008, if nothing happens before then. She said she just wanted to be sure I had a spot reserved before things filled up and I had to wait any longer. I almost cried. That's nine more days and my patience is already worn out. Danny tried to make me feel better by informing me that Jan. 8th is Elvis' birthday. No offense to "The King," but it didn't soothe my sorrow any.
So, at this point I am trying to find things to do to keep myself busy. I go back to the doctor on Thursday and there's a possibility that if the fluid looks low then, they might schedule me to be induced sooner than the 8th. I'm still refusing to hold my breath. I had no idea that the waiting would be so slow and painful at the end of my pregnancy. I feel for mothers everywhere who have had to wait and wait and wait.
Once again, we'll keep you posted if any news "breaks!"
Sunday, December 30, 2007
The Due Date Blues
Posted by The Watsons at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Praying for a big break, say, tomorrow? Around midnight?
Praying here, too! In case the unthinkable happens, I start school again on the 7th, so I will have my cell phone handy dandy for any important calls. I'm sure that Mrs. Bouck wouldn't mind if I keep the phone on vibrate! Be sure that I'm in the top 7 ot 8 at least to call! LOL
Love you!
Sarah
I'm so sorry! I promise you, though, that it's all worth it. And believe it or not, you'll probably go through a time when you wish you were pregnant again, and you'll bawl your eyes out. Well, if you're like me. You'll miss the kicks and squirms and hiccups and wish that you didn't have to share Tyler with the world--so cherish the "you & Ty" time now.
I agree with the above. He's comfy in there, and more protected than he'll ever be. I know you are so ready, though. Hang in there!!!
Okay, I agree with everyone else, but I want to add something. If you are truly ready for him to make his debut, try this. Here in Snellville, at Provino's Italian restaurant, they have TONS of pics of pregnant women who ate eggplant parmesan when they were past due and they all had their babies the next day, one went into labor at the restaurant!!! So, if you have a good italian place around, go for it! It couldn't hurt right?
Thinking about you and praying for you!
Jennifer, Believe me..I so know how you feel.
You can try the eggplant parmesan thing like Rachel suggested. But when I was overdue, Jason asked Dr. Jarvis was there anything I could do to make me go into labor...the Dr. said I could try 12different things for 12 days and still nothing could happen. Tyler will come when he is ready too and unfortunatley there's nothing we can do to speed him up. He is just as stubborn as you are-- just like Addison is just as stubborn as I am. These kids just LOVE to make their grand entrance on their own time...
I love you and I am praying very hard for you to go into labor...IT could be worse--you could have a horrible rash to go along with your overdue-ness : )
And I still get a kick out of the ticker when the babies are overdue!
It's OK Joy -- I have her horrible rash so she doesn't have to have one!
Waiting on pins and needles over here for a phone call. I can't wait to see pictures of our little man!
Carter, I am not sure of the terrible rash you are speaking of, but I am quite certain that PUPPS (the pregnancy rash) is the absolute worst thing ever. I am convinced that when Adam and Eve were exiled from Eden, the author of Genesis left out that PUPPS was then created to punish women. This will be another question on my list for God.
praying for a quick and easy delivery! love you, kyle
Yes, Joy, PUPPS is THE worst thing ever!! I don't wish that on anyone!
And yes, eggplant parmesan is prob. a myth, but I figure, why not try?! :-)
Still praying for you girl!
Post a Comment