
To your left, you will see the latest photo of my baby belly at 36 weeks and 2 days. It is so big; I can't even believe it.
To those of you who have been kind enough to compliment me and tell me that I look so great, that I'm all baby and haven't gained weight anywhere else, and that you think I am a great baby-carrier, I thank you for your kindness. However, I wish you could see my tree trunk thighs. They've always been big, but they are really giving thunder thighs everywhere a run for their money!
I am mildly panicking today because of a brief conversation I had with my sweet father-in-law, Papa Joe. He and Mama Janet will be here on December 17th and will be staying about a month to celebrate the holidays with us and to help us with Ty-man's arrival. Today he mentioned the fact that it is December 4th (Mama Janet's birthday...Happy B-Day to her!) and he said, "Just think, on January 4th we might be holding a new baby." "Holy crap" was the phrase that ran through my head at that moment. I can't believe that I really could have a baby in my house by then. I spend so much time hoping he will come ahead of schedule, but when it is put in perspective like that, it makes me wonder if I'm really ready. I know for a fact that I don't know what to do with a baby; I've always been tentative with newborns because they can't do much and they're so dependant. I like toddlers, kids, and teenagers just fine, but these first few months are going to challenge me in a big way. Admittedly, I'm scared. As far as supplies are concerned, I have everything the child could possibly need, but I hope I have the patience, gentleness, and love that is necessary for adding a baby to our little Watson mix. It comforts me to know that God already knows Ty's birthday and has already lived labor and delivery for me; He's good like that. It also comforts me to know that He has trusted Danny and me with this baby, and I have faith that He will see us through. Now, if someone will remind me of that from time-to-time over the next few weeks, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure my faith will falter between now and then, at least a little bit.
Now, on to other news.
Update: Christmas with the Watsons
Okay, folks, the tree is up. It is not fluffed or decorated, and it is still missing four branches worth of lights, but we chose a place to put it and it is together. Danny took off all of the bad lights tonight, and he is going to restring those branches with new lights tomorrow. We just plain ran out of time today. I also got the majority of the rest of my decorations put out and the Rubbermaid containers put back in the garage. Looking around, things look a little sad. Our house in Bossier City was really cozy, and my Christmas decorations made it look so warm and inviting. Here, things look a little bare and not so comforting. I think the dark walls and the fireplace at our old house really gave the place some character, so the added Christmas decorations just made it that much more pleasant. Oh well. We will be as festive as we can be!
I took some pictures of some of my decorating to share with you. I'll have to add more when we're all finished. Also, I am including a couple of pictures of Danny and I that didn't make the Christmas card. You will see the 14 chins I have acquired and the much fuller face that has come with nine months of pregnancy. Trust me, I am asking for a Weight Watchers membership for my birthday!!
Much love to you all!
Sarah, you should remember all these cute little characters...you were with me when I bought each of them (snowman at S'port Wal-Mart very late at night and the other two at that outlet store on the way back from New Orleans). I thought of you the whole time I was putting them out! They are among my favorite decorations!

I absolutely adore this piece. I bought it at Ellis Pottery in Bossier City after admiring it for weeks and weeks. It would make a lovely door hanging, but I always hang it on the wall. It makes me very happy.

This little display is looking sad. I may add some candles or something. We are working on adding to our Willow Tree nativity that Papa Joe and Mama Janet gave us the first Christmas we were married. We love to look at it every year, and this year Danny wants to buy a couple of more animals. I am hoping he will also buy the three wise men, and one day we'll get the stable and the angels and such. A piece at a time, I tell you.

This is the view from the large sofa. I made the little Christmas tree candy dish (which is on the left side of the table) back in New Mexico. I think Julie and Joy each have one, too. I told Danny I would cry if I ever broke it. I don't know why I'm so attached to that little dish, but it brings me a smile every year.

Here's one of the no-go card pics. We took our pictures at Randolph AFB where Danny is stationed. I like this one because it has part of the Christmas tree and part of the Missing Man monument in the background, but it also has too many cars in the parking lot that are distracting.

We look like goobers in this one. Notice the lovely flowers that are still in full bloom in December in Texas. It is supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow. I'm not thinking that we're in for a white Christmas.
5 comments:
You look great, first of all. AND, your holiday house got me in the Christmas spirit! I admire your motivation. Send some over this way!
You house looks fantastic. Our house is a decorated as it is going to be. We didn't put out the majority of our stuff because little Addie would be in it in no time. Last night, she sped-crawled to the tree only to rip the Ruldolph train engine right off the tracks!
Yes, you will be a wonderul parent. Yes, God will give you the patience, love, knowledge that you need to raise Tyler. Just know that no one knows it all and in the beginning you really just respond to his every need. All they know how to do is poop, eat, sleep and cry and it takes several weeks to figure out in which order and how often all of this should happen. I think you'll be a natural at this mother hood thing. I swore I didn't have an ounce of nurturing inside of me, but I am certain that when the nurse put Addie in my arms, God put all the mothering love in my heart. It is truly the best experience in the world! I am so excited about this little boy!!! And yes, it is all very scary at first. But you'll spend most of your day staring and holding that precious child! God is good, JHW--we are all VERY blessed!
You are precious! And I miss you so much I can't believe it. Things here at GMS just aren't the same. Myeisha (sp?) says to tell you hello every day. She misses you, too.
I thought of you the whole way to and from Texarkana. It was just the thing you would've wanted to do. I remember the Wal Mart trip and the return from N.O. so well.
I'll have to send you some pictures of the famous traveling Christmas tree when I finally get it up. Take care of you, Danny, and Ty-man. Talk to you later!
Sarah
OK, all you who have had babies...doesn't it look like Jen has dropped a little? JUST a little, not a bunch.
Jen, you and your baby look beautiful. When you wake up and can breathe again, you'll know it's almost time...
And your house looks lovely. I wish I could come see you on our marathon trip, but we've already cut it too close...
much love to you and Danny and the TY-man.
I agree Carter. She does look like she has dropped just a little bit. Oh the joy of the last few weeks of pregnancy...
Post a Comment