Danny and I had a very special day today. His co-workers at AETC/JA gave us a lovely baby shower that gave us some very special memories we will always treasure.
They held the shower at lunch time, so they served pizza, cake, and ice cream sundaes. Since birthday cake and ice cream are my favorite desserts, I was all set! Had I not been in a room with so many senior officials, I probably would have cleared that cake and both gallons of ice cream without much trouble. But, alas, I kept my composure.
The office, as a whole, gave us a very nice gift card to Kohl's, and several individuals and families gave us other gifts, as well. It was so special that these folks, who have only known us since August, would go to so much trouble to host a shower for us. They really made us feel like we are part of the family.
I have included some of the pictures from the shower below. There are lots more, but I won't torture you. I made them small since there were so many, so you will have to click on any of the ones you'd like to see better. I can't believe how huge my stomach looks from the side when I am sitting down!! Good grief!
The yummy and very cute cake...it was vanilla AND chocolate!
Cutting the cake
The table
Col. Peloquin and his wife gave Danny a diaper duty kit...very creative!
Gifts...
Gifts...
A very pretty hooter hider set given to me by Col. Creasy and his wife. I love the colors! It was so cute to watch Mrs. Creasy (Shelly) try to explain to a room full of men about the importance of a hooter hider!
More gifts...
A plush Noah's Ark set given to us by the Lawlers



6 comments:
I absolutely adore that hooter hider---it is precious!! I never discovered those hooter hiders when I was nursing, but I'll have to invest in one for my next child.
Looks like you had a fantastic shower...I can't wait to hear more about it! Oh, and that wrapping paper under you tree is adorable! Whereever did you find it?
You are going to love the hooter hider.
The final days are approaching, and you still look good. No fair!
Okay...for some reason I haven't connected that you guys are a military family. What does your husband do? My husband was in the Reserves, so I've only lived "active duty" life when he was in Iraq, but I've spent tons of times on bases and I'm laughing about your military hosptial/doctor experience!
Looks like you got lots of great stuff! Although I didn't use the hooter hider, I think its a hilarious name but great idea!
You're in the home stretch...its almost baby time!!!
cool hooter hider!! wish I had had one of those...as many people around me wish too! You have some fun weeks ahead of you!!! I hope you are planning a Mill'vill trip asap when Tyler is born for some pics!!! Love you, kyle
Jenn got a hooter hider. I am SO HAPPY for you. And camo, too. You'll blend right in on base.
It looked like a lovely shower -- and you deserved it! They love you!
Post a Comment