I went in for my weekly appointment today, and it wasn't very eventful. I saw another nurse midwife this time. Since Danny couldn't make this appointment (the first one he's missed the entire time!), his mother went with me. Mama Janet is a nurse, and she thought the woman was very knowledgeable, so I trusted her assessment.
Since I reported that I haven't been feeling any contractions, the midwife wasn't going to check my cervix. I reminded her that when I was in over the weekend, the machines were detecting contractions that I wasn't feeling. She still wasn't going to check me, but I requested that she do so anyway. She said she was trying to preserve my feelings and keep me from being disappointed if things hadn't changed. In my mind I thought, "Lady, I am a military wife. There is very little that disappoints me. If I let everything that could possibly disappoint me disappoint me, I'd be in the nut house." Those of you with military relations can probably understand those thoughts. I told her that I'd rather know than not, and asked her to please proceed.
Not surprisingly, things haven't changed. She said I'm still a fingertip to one centimeter dilated and that I am 50% effaced. She went on and on about how soft my cervix is. Apparently, that's a good thing. My belly measurements were still exactly on track, and Ty's heartbeat was averaging between 137-140 beats per minute, as usual. She did make a guess that he's about 7 1/2 pounds at this point...Lord, help me.
So, we will probably not be birthing any babies around here anytime soon. I definitely don't think he'll be here before Christmas, but things can always change. Regardless, my next appointment is scheduled for next Friday, which will be the 28th...almost my due date. Keep us in your prayers, and say a special prayer that this kiddo comes along soon!
I would like to give a special shout-out to my husband whose birthday is tomorrow. He is so special to me, and I am so thankful, every day, that the Lord saw fit to let me share my life with him. Danny, I hope you have a fantastic birthday! You deserve all the best! Oh, and your big gift is on the way, although the delivery date is yet to be determined! I love you!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Ty-Man Update
Posted by The Watsons at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UNCLE DANNY!
That was from Addison..
Happy Birthday, Daniel J.
That was from me.
Love y'all!
Sending Birthday well wishes to Danny.
Tyler will be here BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. And then, for the first few days, at least, you'll probably think, wow, it was a lot easier when you were still in my belly!
I'm keeping my phone handy at all times, just waiting for the call....
I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait. And, missy, I better be one of those special people getting a phone call when the time comes! LOL
Love to you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Danny!
Sarah
Well, I don't remember my exact prediction, but I STILL think he'll be here the week of Christmas! And I still think he'll be around 8 lbs.
I hope you are getting lots of pampering and meals cooked for you this week so that you can just relax!
Happy Birthday to your hubby!
Full moon coming, I'm telling ya. It don't take nothing to go into labor. You'll be a mommy before you know it, and Danny will have the best Birthday and Christmas present ever!
Oh yeah, you don't have my phone number. Julie and Joy do, though. Or JP. Someone better call me!
Just a brief note to you......
I am still the same wonderful, funloving Sarah you've always known....so I forgot to ship the package so it would be there before Christmas! LOL Oh, well...tardiness is part of my charm. Think of it as a package that will come to bring Christmas joy to an ordinary day. I love you and miss you bunches! It won't be long now.........Ty-man is coming!
Sarah
I keep checking for pics of him...bless your heart, it cannot be much longer! You are going to be a changed person forever the first time you hear that cry! I love that thought...love you! kyle
Post a Comment