The Watsons had a wonderful Sunday, but we don't have much to show for it. That tells you how goal-oriented we were today!
I have been sleeping in the guest bed lately because I can stretch out more, and when I toss and turn and wake up all through the night, I avoid disturbing Danny. It kind of stinks to sleep alone when there's a perfectly good husband and cat to sleep with, but it does make all of us a little more comfortable considering my ever expanding belly and my insomnia.
This morning I was sleeping well until the pets demanded my attention. As soon as I got out from under the covers, I was freezing! It had been really chilly and windy here yesterday, but it got extra cold overnight. Our thermostat said it was only 61 degrees in our house! So, I let Daisy out, fed both pets, drank a glass of water, and jumped in the bed with Danny. I got so cozy cuddling up with him that I fell asleep and totally missed church. Danny didn't have the heart to wake me because he said I was really sleeping hard and he knew I needed it. I hated to miss church, but I sure did enjoy my morning cuddly nap.
We met one of our couple friends for lunch at a Thai restaurant at noon. They are awesome! We met them at a Christmas party last weekend and instantly loved them. Danny had actually worked with Katherine some because she's in the JAG Corps too, but they had never officially met except over the phone. She's really sweet and has an awesome personality. Her husband, Jiffy, is also in the Air Force. He's a family practice doctor, so he was teaching me all about what's going on in my pregnant body. He explained how the ligaments are aligned to hold a woman's uterus, and that made me understand more about the aches and pains associated with pregnancy. It all makes sense if you know your anatomy! We were with them for a couple of hours, and we look forward to seeing them again soon.
After lunch, we headed over to Target for a baby monitor. The parking lot was packed more than I had ever seen it packed before. I knew it was going to test my nerves to go in the place. And, I was right. While we were in the baby section, people kept bumping into us and walking by us in such a way that we felt like we weren't allowed to shop. I was about to scream, "I am 38 weeks pregnant and there are a few things I NEED. YOU get out of MY way." Plus, it was really hot in there, and that always puts me in a bad mood. We got out of there as quick as we could.
On the way home, Danny took me to Baskin Robbins. He knew that my good mood had significantly diminished with the Target experience, and he knows me well enough to know that ice cream is almost always a cure. We sat in the store and enjoyed our treats, and I was able to chill out a little bit.
Once we got home, I felt exhausted. I pushed through with several different chores, but ultimately I had to lie down. I let Danny and Daisy go for a walk without me while I rested. I told them I would cook dinner upon their return.
Well, next thing I knew, my house smelt so yummy. I got up from my slumbering and found my husband in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on dinner. I was SO impressed and SO thankful for his help. He used to cook a pretty good bit, but since I've been a stay-at-home wife lately, I have done all the cooking. It was a nice treat to get some extra rest and have a nice meal ready for me. He was awesome! And, his chicken was delicious.
We spent the rest of the evening doing laundry and picking up a few things around the house. Mama Janet and Papa Joe will be here tomorrow night, so I'll do a marathon cleaning spree tomorrow. It won't take too much to get the house ready for visitors, but it's that time of the week when I do the dusting and vacuuming and mopping anyway. Hopefully, I can get it all done without needing a nap!
So, as I said, we've had a very pleasant day. Our goal for the weekend was to finish Tyler's nursery, but we never crossed the threshold of his room. We will have to work on it a little at a time this week and hope that he doesn't get here too soon!
Y'all have a great week! Since I'll be having visitors, my posts might be less frequent, but I will keep you up to date on all the baby news. We go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so you'll definitely hear something then. Take care, my friends!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
"What I love about Sundays..."
Posted by The Watsons at 10:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a sweet husband you have! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a couple of naps and get some good rest. And just remember, Tyler only cares about having a crib to sleep in, so if he gets here before you finish, he'll be okay with it!
Have fun with your visitors!
You know me, lazy days are my favorite. Glad you are getting some time to rest. Take advantage of every second that you can do nothing.
Not too much longer....
Enjoy this pampering while you have it from Daniel J....what am I talking about? Mama Janet will be there in mere hours and she'll wait on you hand and foot!
But when that Tyler arrives, you'll just have to wait your turn in line...he'll get all the attention!
Love you!
Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day! And I know Joe and Janet are going to love being there later this week when Ty arrives...on the 23rd.
:-)
Post a Comment