Note: I wrote this on Monday night, but couldn't post until Tuesday afternoon...duty called. Sorry for the delay!
Danny, Tyler, and I made it home from the hospital Sunday night around 7. Since then, I have slept about four hours total-and that was in 15 minute spurts. Every time Tyler moves, makes a noise, sneezes, or whatever, I am jumping up to check on him. I just can't settle down. I am so nervous that something is going to happen to him. Welcome to motherhood, I suppose!
I have already broken two of my own rules regarding Tyler's care: one, no formula and two, no pacifiers. The child has a desire to suck like no other child I've ever seen. Since I am still without milk, he has been consuming colostrum every hour to two hours for most of the day. In the middle of the night, I couldn't take it anymore. I was so sore and so tired, so I gave him two ounces of formula. I was about to cry the entire time I fed him because I felt like such a failure. It did help him to sleep for several hours, so I was impressed with that side effect. Too bad it didn't work for me! Anyway, this evening I gave him another bottle that was a little less than two ounces and still felt terrible. This time, it didn't have quite the effect, but at least he got a little more nutrition. The pacifiers were introduced to Tyler while he was in the NICU, so that was beyond my control. However, they really seem to help him go back to sleep if he seems restless, and he always loses it before he wakes up. I don't want it to become a permanent fixture in his mouth, but I'm willing to use them if they help us for a few weeks.
Other than these complaints, I am thrilled with the little guy. He is so beautiful! Every time I look at him, I just can't get enough of him. He has been covered in millions of kisses already for sure. I just can't believe that I have an ultrasound picture of him from when I was seven weeks pregnant and he was only one centimeter...so crazy how all this works. You must be a believer in God if you've ever had a child. I feel truly blessed.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all of the kind words that you posted on our blog during the delivery process. It was special to read all of your posts when we got home. A huge thank you and enormous hug to Joy for being faithful about updating the blog and for calling at all hours of the night and morning to check on us. Bless her heart for enduring all of that with us!
Here are a few photos I thought you'd enjoy. Please remember that any and all pictures of me come with the disclaimer that I had just had a rather traumatic child-birthing experience and I wasn't too concerned with my looks in most of them. Hopefully, I'll be able to shower and put on make-up in the same day again soon! Of course, more pictures will come soon. We have plenty to share!
Right out of mommy's tummy!

First family photo in the O.R.

Bathtime at the hospital!

All plugged up in the NICU. I had to work on my lungs and get my roar in gear!

Daddy and the Ty-man in the NICU.

Bonding with mommy!

Kisses from Daddy

Our homecoming

Mommy and me

The Watson Family

Mamama and me

Papa Joe and me
12 comments:
He is absolutely precious!! You all look fabulous to have a newborn AT HOME! I hope YOU are doing well. Make sure you take it easy! COngrats to you and DAnny! TYLER IS PERFECT AND HANDSOME--SUCH A WONDERFUL COMBO! BEST WISHES!!
TIFFANY BRUTON
Love all the pictures. Please keep them coming when you can.
Thinking of y'all constantly.
P.S. I can see it now, Tyler will be making posts on your blog before we know it. Oh goodness, what have you turned into?? :-)
he is just beautiful...and you look great!!! isn't it amazing? I agree that anyone that has birthed a baby MUST believe in God...what a remarkable gift we get! I am thinking and praying for you constantly..
Love in Christ, Kyle
yeah!!!!!! I've been stalking 10 tee a day for pics!!! He's beautiful... Take it easy... Enjoy it.... You look great and are doing awesome!!!!
Jenn and Danny
Congratulations! Tyler is so beautiful! I am so happy for you and I know that you are going to be an amazing mother.You look great in these photos! please send me photos and updates I miss all of you! Hopefully one day I will settle down and start having kids too :) (latreceivey@yahoo.com)
He is beautiful! I know you are so proud! I remember what it is like to cry every time I saw my baby.
So...what's up with pacifiers? Is there new evidence that they are bad? Hannah refused hers and sucked her thumb (nothing could stop her short of cutting it off). The end result has been thousands in orthodontry! LOL
Don't worry about the formula. I couldn't nurse....tried really hard, but it just wasn't working. My offspring is turning out fine. I know that Ty-man will, to!
I'm so excited and happy for you. Take care....love you....see you soon!
Sarah
He is so beautiful, hope you can just rest and relax. Enjoy having Danny's parents and let them help you. Jenn, Tyler is a marathon, not a sprint. He is going to be just fine. He is just adorable and you and Danny are great parents already. Our love to all of you.
Carol & Max
You all look amazing! I'm so glad that Tyler is here, safe & sound. He is BEAUTIFUL and very content & well-loved. Don't worry, it'll all settle down soon enough, and you will sleep again. Congrats again!
Jenn,
He is precious as can be! I hope you get some sleep tonight or sometime soon. I know you've heard it before, don't worry about the laundry, the dishes, cleaning up the house...rest when Tyler rests or take a nap together, that always worked best for me! I will never forget all of those nights when I ended up falling asleep while feeding one of the twins and the next thing I know, it was 4 hours later and we had been sleeping on the recliner together! Enjoy these special moments!
I have been an advocate of paci's since I read that the Ped. assoc. recommended them until 12 months because it helped reduce the chance of SIDS. Plus, when tyler starts teething, you'll do anything to keep them quiet!!! : )
He is so precious, beautiful, handsome...God is truly wonderful! And I am with you...you must believe in God if you have ever experienced the loss of a child, pregnancy or childbirth--He is the only One that can make all of that happen!
You're welcome for the posts, calls, etc. I enjoyed being able to help out in some small part. Your turn is next with Peterson #2 since we weren't all blog addicted when Addie arrived...
Your little man is perfect! I know you and Danny are great parents. There are lots of people out there who had Formula, like me.
Love you
Betsy
He' s just magnificent. Try to get some rest. You look wonderful!
Post a Comment