Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sleep Deprived but Happy

Danny and I are learning to live on very little sleep. We are also learning that our wants and needs are totally irrelevant these days. Our lives revolve around this little guy, and we couldn't be more thankful.

In no particular order (because I have no concept of days anymore), here are some pictures from the past week. He's getting big!


Our handsome prince!

Ty and Daddy


Mom and Ty before his 2 week doctors visit. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 14 ounces, so he's eating well, for sure! He is still 20.5 inches long. All else checked out well.
Look at those kicks! They didn't last long, but we were trying to layer because it was 38 degrees outside that morning.



Thanks to Joy's momma, Ms. Glenda, for this super-fun bouncy seat. Ty has had a blast vibrating away and looking at the animals.



Thanks to Aunt Joy for this precious lion outfit. He looks fabulous in it!




Getting a MANicure...His little nails keep scratching his face and he won't wear any of the 8,000 mittens we have. So, we've resorted to the nail file.



This is how sleep looks these days. You get it when and where you can!

8 comments:

Chris Steele said...

Hooray--thanks for the pictures. It's amazing how quickly he's growing. I still can believe how alert and intelligent (naturally) he looks! I'm glad his checkup went well.

Anonymous said...

Soooo precious! I'm so beyond ready to see you guys. February can't get here soon enough!

Love ya!
Sarah

Ginger Carter Miller said...

What a beautiful baby! And his Mama and Daddy ain't half bad, either!

I look forward to your posts, Jenn. I know it's hard to find time. But I am so sharing and enjoying your little blessing.

Carter

Unknown said...

I, too, look forward to your posts Jenn. And believe me, I know how sleep is so sporatic and random these days! And as for your last pic/comment-I think those times of sleep are what I miss the most about baby days...so precious. By the way, you look great in that pic on the way to the pedi! I can tell you've lost a lot of that baby weight!
And how can I forget? Little Ty man looks more alert and cuter than ever!

Bill said...

Love these pictures. I can't get over how alert he looks. You look great too, by the way. Your mama weight seems to be falling off - lucky girl!

kyle hitchcock said...

Sleep? What is that? I think we all go through years of sleep deprivation as young parents, and then maybe as empty nesters we can catch up! Enjoy these little days, they fly by so fast!
Love in Christ, kyle

KatieMGreen said...

he's adorable!!!!! glad to hear you are doing well!! i love how they sleep on your chest... i could hold bella like that forever!! enjoy it!!!

Joy Peterson said...

THat last picture may be one of my favorites...and I still catch some sleep when and where I can...he is so precious!!!