Well, there weren't any rubber duckies involved, but Tyler did get his first "bath" at home this morning. He was quite a trooper. He didn't even get mad until all of his clothes came off! Mamama did the honors since Danny and I needed training. She's quite a pro! His little belly button stub is still attached so we can't submerge him yet for a real bath, so we used a bowl and a washcloth. It worked like a charm!
Getting ready for his bath.
Special thanks to Nana for the precious personalized towel!

I think he likes having his hair washed!

Bundled up at the top while his legs are being washed.

Oh, no! No pants makes for an upset little boy!
In other news, I am feeling somewhat better today. My stomach is still not right, and I've decided it has to do with some of the meds I've been taking. The doctor never gave me any instructions about the meds they sent home with me, so I'm taking it upon myself to quit two of them. Mama Janet approved of this decision, so I know it will be okay.
Danny was sweet enough to take the night shift last night, and I was able to sleep for about five hours straight. I got up and started helping him around 7 a.m. It was nice to catch a few uninterrupted hours of sleep, and I think Danny actually did a better job than I do. Too bad I can't recruit him to take that shift every night!
Here are a couple of pictures I wanted to post for the sake of the senders. Hope you all have a great day!

We received these flowers and balloons from Jason, Joy, and Addie Peterson while at the hospital. They don't look as tall in this picture, but they were big and beautiful!

These flowers came from my dad and step-mother. They are probably the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen, and they are HUGE! Thanks, Dad and Laura! I'll try to get a phone call in to thank you, but if I fall short, please know how much we appreciate your thoughts.
4 comments:
so sweet!!!
take lots of bath pictures. I just took some and made a collage (thanks, snapfish) to hang on the wall in AP's bathroom...it's super cute!
Love that little Tyler and I am SO in love with that monogramming too!
Just too cute. What kind of meds did they put you on? Just nosy...
You know I'm all over the personalized towel. Jennifer, he is so cute, and he looks so alert. It's like he knows exactly what is going on around him. Potential journalist in the making????
What a trooper. He seriously looks much older than he is. It's amazing how often he seems to be smiling.
Post a Comment