Monday, January 14, 2008

Big Time Blah

Today began rough and has continued that way. Tyler had a hard time going back to sleep early this morning and kept me awake for many more hours than I would prefer. Finally, at 10:20 a.m., Danny and Mama Janet had to come to my rescue. They got him to sleep in moments, leaving me to feel pretty darn incapable and frustrated.

Shortly after this episode, my stomach decided it would go on strike. I was freezing all morning and had bundled up on the couch. No fever, but a stomach issue that rivals any bug I've ever had. I don't know what has caused it, but it has lingered all day, and it has made it extra difficult to care for Baby Ty. Danny has had to really step it up today because there were moments I didn't have the strength to lift him out of his bed. I'm telling you, too many days like this will wear me down.

Needless to say, it it 7:30 p.m. and I have not had a shower today. I'm not even sure if I've brushed my teeth. Since I just got Ty down for another rest period, I am going to try to get cleaned up enough to not be too disgusting. I pray that our nighttime experience is more pleasant tonight because I could really use some rest.

These must be the days everyone warns you about when you become a new mom. I can see why. It's definitely been brutal.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Girl, I remember the feeling all too well. Now you see why I cried for days 6 - 14 of Hendley's life. A new baby is tough, but better days are ahead. Trust me.

The good news with staying awake ALL THE TIME is that you have a ton of time to pray. Use it. God will see you through this, and before long, you won't even remember feeling this way (until you have to remind the next new mom that this is completely NORMAL, and all of these feelings come flooding back...).

Get rest when you can.

Joy Peterson said...

This, my friend, sounds like the days I experienced with Addison. Like JHB, I cried on days 7-77 or whenever we got the prevacid in her.

Do use this time to pray...and keep giving Danny night duty. Before long it will be just you and Ty and the minute your hubby walks in the door, you'll do the Ty-man handoff.

I think I went for several days without a shower ... you'll get it together soon...

Love you!

Unknown said...

I hope last night was better for you and that nasty bug passed! I agree with Julie and Joy. Although my timeline is a little off, I cried off and on for the 1st 2-3 months that the twins were home! Just know you are not alone and you have lots of friends who have been there and can help you through this and pray for you.
As for showers...to this day, I sometimes don't get a shower everyday! And somedays my teeth don't get brushed until I'm about to fall into bed! Hang in there!