Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gone Baby Crazy

Something about having a baby makes one a little loopy. I mean, you start talking in this high-pitched voice about the strangest things to this little being who can't even smile at you yet. You start referring to yourself and your husband/wife in the third person. Your dinner conversation sometimes includes how many dirty diapers you've documented that day. And, you make up the silliest songs to entertain a crying, starving infant.

And, that's where my craziness comes in. I am not quite as good at this song-creating thing as Danny is, but I have a few signature tunes that I sing to Ty while I'm warming his bottle or changing his diaper. He just looks at me like I'm out of a sci-fi thriller, so I don't know if he actually likes the songs, but they do settle him down some. For your entertainment, I will include the lyrics here, but you can only hear them performed if you visit the Watson household at the right time of day or night.

"I love my Ty-Man, oh yes I do.
I love my Ty-Man, you know it's true.
I love my Ty-Man, I do.
Oh, Ty-Man I love you."

[I think that one is actually altered from one my mom sang about me when I was little, but I can't be certain. I'll have to ask her.]
"My Ty, he's a sweet guy.
He's my Ty, my Ty."

Sing to the tune of the Kit-Kat song:
"Gimme a burp, Gimme a burp.
Come on little Ty-Man and gimme a burp." [OR, "Come on Mr. Ty-Man and burp, burp, burp."]

There are others, but I won't bore you. Just know that we are settling into this parenting thing just fine, complete with totally made-up songs to entertain an almost three week old baby boy. It's quite a riot.

On a side note, I realized I had never posted any pictures of Tyler's nursery, so I wanted to show you how we fixed it up. Remember, we are renting our house so we can't do any painting. It makes for very bare and boring walls, but we've done our best with what we've got. Enjoy!




The best baby purchase ever was the Fisher Price Rainforest Crib Aquarium that totally captivates Tyler as he goes to sleep (proven by the above picture). I highly recommend this little device to any expecting parents.

8 comments:

Bill said...

Good to know about the crib aquarium. My mom tried to get me to get one and I didn't want to add another thing to the crib, but I might try it out next time.

Glad to hear y'all are adjusting so well.

Anonymous said...

Love the songs. I expect a command performance of them when Hannah and I visit! Love ya!

Sarah

rebeccamoon said...

those TYLER letters are awesome!
looks great :-)

max harrell said...

J. Watson, you are just awesome. Guess that is where the Ty man gets it from. You and Danny are the greatest parents any little boy could have. His nursery is just as cute as he is. I did try to get Julie to purchase the aqaurium, I am working on Carly now for Mary Reese. I play with one everytime I visit a toy dept. I love the music. Tyler is so sweet. Thanks for letting us be a part of Tyler's life. Carol

kyle hitchcock said...

precious pics...love you, kyle

Joy Peterson said...

I love his nursery! I am working on a little crafty something to go along with it...hope Tyler likes it!

He is as precious as ever! Yes, you'll find that we all do many crazy things as parents. Like Julie sitting in a circle singing wheels on the bus--who knew that the Colonnade Julie Harrell would be doing that someday?!?!?

The songs are adorable...I may borrow them and change some words around...LIke, I'm thinking on the Kit Kat one:

Gimme a break
Gimme a break
Addie please baby go to sleep

That crib we bought is so comfy,

that's all I have right now...I am in design mode today, not song creation...feel free to help me out..

Love you!

KatieMGreen said...

the room looks fabulous, the songs are even better!

just so you know... i stalk your blog all the time... but i do it on my iphone while i am nursing, so i don't always leave comments... but i'm on here everyday!! :) i'm cheerin' ya on!

Anonymous said...

The nursery looks Awesome! I like your songs- I can just hear you singing them. You a such a good mommy!

Valerie