
In my mind, I have visions of beautiful photographs of my sweet children together. In those visions, my precious angels are sitting together in perfect poses with gummy, toothy, ear-to-ear smiles, bright eyes, and perfectly chosen outfits.
In reality, I am tickled to just get both of them in the same picture looking almost the same direction at the same time. Forget smiles. Forget bright eyes. Forget perfect outfits.
Just snap the darn picture and call it a day.
So, all in all, I am thrilled with the 2009 Santa photo results. This picture was snapped 2 1/2 hours after Tyler should have started his afternoon nap and about five minutes after Lydie had fallen asleep in the stroller and had to be forced awake for the sake of Christmas tradition. Honestly, it's a wonder nobody is crying. Or throwing a tantrum. Or running from Santa.
I'm calling it a success!!
I think Santa probably thought it was a success too considering how much money I dropped when I couldn't choose between the picture with or the picture without George. I mean, he IS a part of the family after all (and he's the only one who is actually smiling).
Special thanks to Nana for the adorable, matching Santa shirts. They were just right for this occasion!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Three monkeys went to see Santa...
Posted by The Watsons at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Of course, Nana wants copies of these adorable pictures.
My grandchildren are too precious!
Santa looks like he thinks they have both been VERY GOOD! He is RIGHT!!!!
Love,
Nana
Yep. I would call that a success. I think it is a precious picture.
it is most certainly a success! I love those little kids! Can't wait to see them....
The Santa picture was a super success. Thank you for making it since we were unable to make one while we were there. You will treasure it even more in the future. I love and miss you. Hurry to Georgia for many loving hugs. Papa Joe
You definitely did better than we did this year.
Post a Comment