Monday, December 14, 2009

Overdue Update


Danny's final exams have put a damper on all sorts of things around here, one being my blog. I have been so exhausted by the time I've bathed and put to bed both kids, that I am ready to do nothing but hit the hay myself.

Lydie is gearing up for her first Christmas and is interested in nothing but the lights on the Christmas tree. She doesn't really understand anything else that's going on, so we'll look forward to next year when, at about 18 months, she might be a little more excited about things.

Tyler, on the other hand, is pumped about all things Christmas. He makes me even more excited about Christmas than I've ever been before. The funniest thing is that we've talked about Noah and Noah's Ark so much that as soon as he started seeing pictures of Santa Claus around town, he would point and yell, "Noah!" Danny and I would get so tickled! Apparently, an older man with a white beard is always Noah!

Now, that we've gotten Santa and Noah all straightened out, he's able to tell us that Santa says, "Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!" He is the cutest little guy I've ever seen, and he remains my very best buddy in the world!

We are so, so thankful for our many blessings this year, and we are anxious to have a memorable Christmas season with our little angels!




Lydie is no longer able to get a moment's peace in this house. Ty is constantly trying to engage her in some sort of play. One of his favorite activities is "napping" in Lydie's bed with her. He tells us exactly what he needs--a pillow, blankie, paci, etc. Then, he'll look at us and say, "Night, Night!" I guess he thinks we're really going to let him stay in there with her to sleep. It's precious! Thankfully, Lydie thinks most of Ty's antics are hysterical.




Ty is really excited about his special fire truck ornament!



Looking sweet in his special reindeer shirt from Nana.



Why is this picture sideways? It's probably my favorite one so far this December because I love that boy, and I love that snowman!!




He told me that the bus wanted to say "cheese" too.




Every December, I look forward to finding special, personalized ornaments for our Christmas tree to commemorate our year. Since this year has been the year of all things trucks for Tyler (especially fire trucks), I ordered him a cute little fire truck ornament for the tree. He loves it and asks to hold it every day. He's so careful with it!!




Again, I can't figure out why this is sideways, but this is our 2009 family ornament. We spent a lot of time and money on choo-choo trains this year, so we chose this one to represent the four of us. I just love it!



And, of course, Lydie gets a very special first Christmas ornament. I thought this one was darling!




**Note: If you'd like your own ornaments like these, check out www.personalizedfree.com. They were outstanding to work with and I won't hesitate to use them again in the years to come.**

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE the ornament idea. Those will be treasures as the children grow into adults.

Cute, cute pictures. Love the reindeer shirt, and the napping story. Mine always think I'll leave them in the same bed too. Ha!

ewhill said...

Love the way they look in their shirts that Nana sent them. The ornaments are adorable.
Can't wait to see ya'll for Christmas!
Love,
Mom

Joy Peterson said...

I want to know where Nana got those precious shirts!

We do the ornament thing too...Addison got a Tinkerbell one this year and of course, Connor got a Baby's first Christmas one...I did check out this site...and they have some super cute ones...I was reminded of the ornaments we purchased last year in San Antonio...

Can't wait to see those babies!

Jamala said...

Love the ornaments. The first picture of Lydia is wonderful. She gets prettier each time I see her.