Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gender Poll

Clearly, you, my dear blog readers, are about as indecisive as I am. My photo contest from yesterday's blog didn't garner many responses, and several of you just couldn't choose the cutest picture. Believe me. I understand. He's just too dang cute.

However, you MUST make a decision on the poll question I am posting today. You may not be, in any way, indecisive. A choice must be made, and your voice must be heard.

We are less than a week away from finding out Baby Watson II's gender (assuming he/she cooperates), and I want to know what you think this next baby is going to be. Boy or Girl??

Your votes will be tallied, shared on the blog, and included in the baby's book.

The only things I can tell you about this baby is that he/she had a heart rate of 150 beats per minute at our last appointment, and my pregnancy, thus far, has been very similar to my pregnancy with Tyler (no morning sickness, no weight gain to this point, very small bump beginning to poke out, heartburn at night, limited food/smell aversions). I don't know if any of that helps you make a choice, but it's all I've got in the way of hints.

Okay, I'll go first.

Let me preface this with the fact that I will love this baby no matter if it is a boy or a girl, and I will feel blessed to simply have a healthy baby. That in itself is a miracle. However, I am a cheerleader at heart, so I have to pick a side to cheer for. All of the mommy instincts in me have been saying, from the very beginning, that this baby is a girl. Still, I can't help wanting another boy. These two babies will be so close in age, and I think having both of the same gender would make things so much more fun.

That being said, I am casting my vote for a boy. My pom-poms are waving in the air, and they are a pretty shade of powder blue!

Now, it's your turn. What do you think Baby Watson II will be? Boy or girl?


By the way, our appointment for the ultrasound is on Monday, December 22 at 2:30 p.m. CST. While it is a lot of fun to guess the baby's gender and daydream in shades of pink and blue, we are keenly aware that many parents discover troubling things about their babies during these ultrasounds, some of which can be fatal diagnoses of one sort or another. We ask that you begin praying with us that God would have a hand of protection on this baby's life and that His will would be done, whatever it may be. We pray that we'll leave the doctor's office on Monday with giddiness over our newest bundle and a sweet anticipation for his/her arrival in May. Would you join us in praying for those things, as well??

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Jennifer,

First let me say that I will definitely be sending up prayers for Baby Watson II. I know that He has a plan for him/her and will bless your family in a special way that only HE can.

Now, I believe in my heart that this is a girl. Of course I have not given birth or been pregnant, so I am just going on what I hope you are going to have. There's just something about little girls with barretts (spelling) and ribbons in their hair, painting their nails and doing "girly" things together that makes girls a joy. No matter that outcome, I pray that you have a happy, healthy baby, no matter the gender!

Love,

Lisa Holmes

Joy Peterson said...

My vote/guess is for a girl. I think the closeness of age for these two will bring lots of joy for all, but there will be many, many fights involved no matter the gender of each...that's just a fact of life : )

So, I'm hoping for a Vivian Ella--and I am not budging on this name either.

My poms are beautiful shades of hot pink and candy apple green!!!!

Yay, girls!

KatieMGreen said...

i am voting girl!

and you are right, i could not choose yesterday on the picture!! for me, it was between 2 and 4!

prayers are with you!!

ewhill said...

All I want is a healthy baby! I can't decide what it will be, but I think that it will be another boy!
Love,
Mom

Joe or Janet watson said...

Hi,
My vote is for a boy. We will continue praying for Baby Watson II and thanking God for him/her.

I know that God in His infinite wisdom is sending another precious baby (boy or girl for us to love).

Mamama

Unknown said...

My vote is for a girl! One of my good friends is preggo and just found out she's having a boy, and all of her signs/symptoms have been the exact same as when she was preggo with her girl! So that goes to show you, it doesn't matter!
No matter what it is, I pray that God gives you a healthy baby.

Anonymous said...

Baby Watson 2 is going to be a plant loving, chicken adoring boy that shares his grandfathers'names. If you do not believe me, just wait and see. (Ha . Ha.) If it just happens to be a girl, she will share names with a grandmother and her mother and be just as special as any boy. This baby will be equaly loved by us all. I just pray God's patience as we wait His special blessing.
Tyler's pictures were adorable . I choose pictures #3 and #4 as a tie.
Hope you have a blessed day tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts in a special and thankful way. I love each of you so , and I long to see you and hug you during the new year. Love, Papa Joe

Bill said...

Praying for nothing but good news on u/s day. Would be shocked if the baby were a boy, but hope it is since a little girl is sure to get her feelings hurt one day when she reads her mama was hoping for a boy! :-)

Boys are delicious. Little girls scrumptious. And I know from experience! :-)

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Girl. But I know you're right. Who else would have predicted her own due date within about six hours?

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a boy, and his name should be his own, not named after anyone.

louanne said...

I think the baby will be a girl.

Amelia thinks the baby will be a boy.

Lilli votes for a girl.

kyle hitchcock said...

I'm feeling a little boy...how fun!!! kyle

Reeder Family said...

We will be thinking and praying for you and baby Watson tomorrow! Hope your appointment goes well, and can't wait to find out who it will be!
I didn't find out with either of my pregnancies, but I truly believe in a mommy's instinct so I am guessing boy!