Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crack of Dawn Breakfast

I have been up since the crack of dawn making a breakfast casserole for Danny's office. I made it once, they loved it, and I haven't been let off the hook since. For every special occassion, I just buy the ingredients and plan for an early start to my day.

So, with 12 minutes and 14 seconds left of baking time, I thought I'd pop over here and share the recipe with you. It's easy and delicious!

Yummy Breakfast Casserole

1 pkg. (8 patties) fully cooked sausage patties
1 can crescent rolls
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. shredded/cubed pepper jack cheese (use mozzarella if you don't like things too spicy)
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sausage patties according to package directions. Cut sausage into small pieces. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with Pam. Unroll crescent rolls and spread on bottom of dish. Sprinkle sausage over rolls, then the cheeses over the sausage. Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour evenly over sausage and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serves 8.


And, since I still have six minutes, here's the recipe for what we had for dinner last night. Another simple and yummy one!!

Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
1 bag tater tots
1 can cream of celery soup
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread ground beef on bottom of 13x9 inch dish. Spread cream of celery soup over beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter tater tots over soup, making a single layer. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes until beef is no longer pink. Serve with ketchup, if desired.

*Optional: I sprinkled cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole when it was done and put it back in the oven to melt for a couple of minutes.

There you have it! Breakfast and dinner are served! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Look at you, Paula Deen. I am thinking of ways to adapt both of these for my GF diet. Especially the breakfast casserole. I do a great faux crescent roll.

Bill said...

yummo

kyle hitchcock said...

thank you, great recipes!!! love ya,kyle

Unknown said...

Yummmm, I am going to try the breakfast casserold! Sounds great and super easy!