Sunday, December 7, 2008

Eleven Months!

Tyler turned eleven months old on Thursday, and I think I am still in shock.

Only one more month until we are formula and bottle-free (for a little while anyway). Only one more month of a rear-facing car seat in a car that is terribly designed for such (thank you, Lord). Possibly only a month or so left of this crawling thing. Only one month until I have a first birthday party to celebrate my one-year-old baby boy. I sure don't deserve him, but I sure am glad I've got him!



It was finally cold enough in Texas to justify a hat and sweater on Friday morning!


Of course, I left without my jacket and was about to freeze, but at least Tyler was well-dressed for the weather.

On Friday afternoon, after Tyler had emptied one of my cabinets for about the fifth time in an hour, I decided to take matters into my own hands and tape the thing shut. I should have guessed that it wouldn't take long for my curious little guy to have that tape off those cabinets and the contents spread across the floor once again. Stinker!

Danny has been tasked with getting out the screwdriver and handling this problem by installing another cabinet thingy on this cabinet (clearly, the tape doesn't work). It was cute for Ty to play in this one until he learned to get all the way to the back and was found slamming the glass blender on the tile floor three times in a row. Not cool.

3 comments:

Bill said...

I bet that tape kept him busy for quite some time! Cute pictures.

I still can't believe he is almost a year old. He looks mighty steady on his feet to me. Look out!

Joy Peterson said...

I predict he'll be walking by his party...

That tape looks fun! Yeah, cabinets can be a problem sometimes. I keep all of mine locked except for the one with tupperware in it.

Carly said...

Im having a hard time believing that our not so little boy is turning 11 months too! Wow how time flies!!! You look fabulous and sweet Ty could get any cuter!