Saturday, October 13, 2007

Spurs Practice

I tell you, I am one happy chick this afternoon. I had SOOOO much fun at the Spurs practice this morning....seriously...almost the most fun I've ever had. I have never been so close to a celebrity before, much less a team full of celebrities. Wow!

By shear luck (and God's obvious understanding of how important this event was to me), we walked in the door right as one of the men at the AT&T Center was opening another section for fans to sit in. We took the lead with a couple of Army guys (who I dared to let anyone in front of us) and got to sit in the FRONT ROW!!! I mean, our toes were touching the court, and the only people in front of us were the Spurs! It was amazing!

At one point, Danny said, "Are you even noticing that they are practicing plays?"

I said, rather sheepishly, "No, I was too busy looking at them."

I swear, I evaluated every player's legs, arms, hands (some had VERY long fingers), attire, shoes, socks (they all were wearing NBA socks), hair, and everything else but what they were doing with those basketballs. One thing the little kid next to me noted, and I still can't get over, was that Tim Duncan wears his shorts backwards. Wonder what that's about?

By going to the practice this morning, the team gave us all free tickets to the game tonight! They'll be playing Greece, so it's not like it's a huge mid-season game (the season hasn't even really started yet), but they are free tickets to watch the Spurs...I will be there with bells on (possibly literally).

Please allow me to walk you through my exciting morning via the pictures I took. These are just a few of the better ones I took. Some of them are a little dark because I was trying to get the camera situated for the bright lights and some are a little blurry because of the quick movements of the players. Nonetheless, they are all fabulous!

Me (and Tyler...28wks, 6days) at the AT&T Center. I look crazy because I forgot my sunglasses and the sun was shining on the right side of my face.

Danny at the Spurs practice...you can see that we were right on the court!


Team Huddle

The guys warming up led by Brent Barry


MANU GINOBILI, my favorite Spur, taking a shot.

I could have touched him [Danny: ...and then gotten escorted out, Jennifer].


Tony Parker sans Eva





Robert Horry
Danny later caught a t-shirt from him. I think that is the most excited I've ever seen Danny get over something! He's going to wear the shirt to the game tonight, so I'll take his picture.




Danny and Jenn at the Spurs practice...Jenn is absolutely elated.







Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen




Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker

Tim Duncan signing an autograph next to us.





Jenn and Tim Duncan...BFF

Tony Parker and Danny...bonding over their hot wives.


Sadly, Manu started signing autographs just to the left of us, and I couldn't get my picture taken with him. At least I got a nice shot here.

I will do another post either later today or tomorrow that includes all the fun from Meya's 2nd birthday bash and the Spurs vs. Greece game. Right now, I must try to come down from Cloud Nine!!!

5 comments:

Bill said...

What fun, what fun! See, just another reason to love your new town!

I see why you like Manu - look at those arms!!!

Have fun tonight. I bet Tyler will be a kickin' chicken with all of the arena noise. It will be his first basketball game!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I am now a fan of Manu-my husband laughed at me when I attempted to pronounce his name! He is one HOTTIE!!! Hope you had fun tonight-can't wait to see more pics!

Joy Peterson said...

Great pics! I think the funniest was the one with Danny and Tony (bonding over their hot wives)! So cute!

Manu is a cutie, but I still think that Tony Parker is a hottie!

So glad that you had fun! Love the picture outside the center!

Heather said...

Can I just say....I am SOOO jealous...but yay for you!!! You liking SA now??? I hope you had fun at the game:) Love ya!!

Ginger Carter Miller said...

I love the Spurs. I used to have a tshirt that said, "Got Spurs..." Both for them and a former student named Megan Spears, whom we called Spurs.

Coolness!