Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mommy Trial Run-Day Two

Sweet Meya is such a good baby. She puts up with a lot from this inexperienced chick who is caring for her (that would be me).


Bless her heart, I am not a cosmetologist at all and it showed in her hair today. I did my best to make her hair look like her mommy does, but it was a lost cause. I had to apologize profusely to the daycare workers for her shabby appearance and beg for their forgiveness and understanding. I also thanked God about 550 times for giving me a boy so that hair-fixing is a non-issue.

I took Meya to Wal-Mart after school and bought her a Dora book. Unfortunately, I picked up the paperback book before I saw the cardboard, hardback version. It didn't go over well when I tried to switch them, so the paperback is going to be destroyed by the weekend. What can you do?

My Wal-Mart trip yielded an appreciation for moms with kids in stores. It is a tough task to entertain a kid and be productive at the same time. Poor Meya only had to sit through about an eight item list, and she was saying, "Down, down" before we were to number five. She was not into shopping today! Then, she decided she wanted her shoes off when I was loading everything in the car, so my big preggo belly was bending over hunting her Nikes in the parking lot. Very entertaining sight, I'm sure.

Nonetheless, she is such a little doll. I love having her around. I snapped a few shots of her today. Enjoy!


After Wal-Mart, reading her new book.

You just can't get enough of those pretty eyes!

I know this one is similar, but I couldn't resist.

Laughing at Mr. Danny during dinner, showing off those pearly whites!

The fish sticks and mac-n-cheese went over very well. The green beans, not so much.

4 comments:

Bill said...

The visual of you leaning all the way over to pick up shoes got me tickled! It looks like you've got everything under control.

Unknown said...

Yes, me too! I could just see you bending over in the middle of the parking lot! You're doing a great job-even got her a well balanced meal!!

Anonymous said...

so much fun to look forward too!
Love, kyle

Unknown said...

p.s. As of today, you would have little Tyler if you were me!! Can you imagine?