Friday, October 12, 2007

An Honest Day's Work

I worked today for the first time since May. It was wonderful!

I subbed at an elementary school for a special education teacher. Since I was working in a special ed environment, I was involved with only about ten kids all day...very nice. In doing so, I was able to observe lots of other classrooms, and it took only about 2.5 minutes for me to be reminded of why I got my teaching certification in secondary ed. Elementary school children make me want to gnaw off my right arm...seriously. I would need a heavy dose of Prozac if I hung around there too long. Nonetheless, it was nice to be able to teach something to someone...an interaction I've sorely missed.

Also, I am booked to sub Monday through Wednesday next week, and those are all with 7th graders...just my speed! Monday and Tuesday I'll be working with girl's PE (Lord, help this baby belly survive those two days!), and Wednesday I'll be in a social studies classroom. I'm excited!!

Now, for the most important news: I am going to the Spurs open practice session tomorrow morning!! YEA!!! I have loved the Spurs for years (for no apparent reason except that they won the championship the year Danny and I got married, and we inadvertently attended their celebratory parade in downtown San Antonio that summer). My favorite player is Manu Ginobili (I probably just wrecked his name, but we're on a first name basis, so it's okay), and I can't figure out why I like him so much...just always have. We even signed up for Time Warner digital phone, t.v., and internet service when we moved here because he was the celebrity advertiser (and it was an excellent deal). It's just all way beyond explanation, but suffice it to say that I am totally pumped about seeing the team practice tomorrow. I bought a special shirt tonight, and I already have my outfit picked out. I am hoping Manu will want to take a picture with the baby belly in an effort to bless little Tyler. Because of the photo op possibility that I am dreaming about in my mind, I will even go as far as to shave my legs for this event! Hey, I might even meet Eva while I'm there. Maybe she'd like to do lunch...


Manu

After my intense experience with the Spurs, Danny and I will be going to Meya's second birthday party. Tonight, we had so much fun looking through the toy store for her birthday gift...it's a good thing she likes Dora so much!

I should have plenty of pics to post tomorrow. Cross your fingers that Manu is available for a personal shot with the belly...I swear it will be blown up and framed in my house if it happens!

1 comments:

Bill said...

You'll have to keep me posted about the photo op!

I'm glad you had an opportunity to get back in the classroom. I know it was killing you being home all day. I bet the kids got a kick out of your baby belly!