Friday, October 5, 2007

Mommy Trial Run-Day Three

I am exhausted.

In an effort to not gain weight while pregnant (per doctor's recommendation...jerk), I went to the gym after I dropped Meya off at school. This is the second time this week I have done so. Both times I walked at a pretty steady but slow pace for 40 minutes. In my pre-pregnancy days, I would have laughed at me walking like 3.0 mph on the treadmill for only 40 minutes with no spurts of jogging or anything. Now, don't misunderstand me, my gym visits are relatively few and far between, but I have always been able to put in a workout that at least looked like I had been in the gym before. However, pregnant treadmill walking is a whole different story. I am still so tired and my belly is kind of sore and I resent having to do this in the first place. Why couldn't I have been born into a family with excellent genes that would have made me tall and thin forever??? Arghhhhhh...

Anyway, I stayed busy all day after my trip to the gym. I had lunch with Danny at the Thai place that he has been craving all week, and then I made a trip to Hobby Lobby. The parking lot was so packed that I just knew something fabulous must be going on inside. Yep, 40-50% off all seasonal stuff (fall and Christmas), picture frames, wall decor, silk flowers, and just about everything else in there. It was nuts! I found three pictures for the nursery, but I'm not too sure if they're going to match well enough. There weren't many available, so I bought them and decided I could always take them back.

After that, I got my nails done, picked Meya up an hour early, had a snack with Meya, took Meya for a walk, watched a kids show with Meya, helped Meya pet Miss Kitty, and discovered that what I was going to cook for supper was going to take way too long. We wound up driving through Wendy's and getting Meya some chicken nuggets, yogurt, and milk. She also ate some cereal pieces, a few goldfish crackers, and a few teddy grahams. She had a healthy appetite tonight!

After dinner, Meya played in the bathtub for a while and then we got her all ready for bed. I knew I was running ahead of schedule, so I let her read a few extra books and I rocked her for a while. She still went down at 7:45, a full 15 minutes early. I am not too far behind her.

Meya goes home tomorrow, and I think I will miss her. It's a lot of work to be responsible for another human being, but if you slow down long enough to appreciate the little things, it's really nice to have kids around. I feel blessed to have had the chance to take care of her for a few days. She'll never remember, but I'll never forget.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Love the last line of the blog. How profound you are in your pregnancy!

Also love the sentence "..if you slow down enough to appreciate the little things..." As a parent, this is my #2 goal, right behind teaching LL about the love of Jesus. I want to absorb every single second I get to spend with her.

I know you will miss Meya tomorrow, but I bet you can go visit any time you wish.

Have a good weekend.

Ginger Carter Miller said...

It's Saturday night, and I'd just like to tell you and Danny I joined you when you were busting out in Rocky Top all seven times today.

I actually have a clogging routine to go with it.

Seriously, your posts on Meya are all very sweet. You are doing so well! Isn't there any Mommy to be Yoga around there?

Anonymous said...

precious honey...I know you will miss her...but I bet it really excites you to know that little Tyler will be your own and you can do these fun things every day with him, very soon! Enjoy your last few months with Danny though...that will never be the same either...but wonderful, wonderful times to look forward too!
Love in Christ, kyle

Joy Peterson said...

update, please.