Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Praise the Lord!

As many of you know, I have really been struggling with this stay-at-home wife thing since Danny and I moved to Texas. I hate not being able to teach every day...some Saturdays I even wish I had papers to grade--sad! I have just really missed teaching and being in the working world. I had it SO good last year at GMS. I made some of the best friends ever, and I had a wonderful group of kids to look forward to every day.

Anyway, when we first moved here, I tried and tried to find a permanent teaching position, but it was already too late and all the hiring for the year was finished. So, I started working on substitute applications. Long story short, subbing here has not been as easy as it has been in some places.

Last week, however, I went to a sub orientation for Judson ISD. It sounded much more promising than the others I'd been to, so I kept my fingers crossed and sent up the prayers. Unfortunately, I didn't sign one of the papers (the lady said everyone missed the signature line, but I still felt like a dummy!), and I had to go sign it today before I could be added to the system.

Not two hours later, I had my first sub job!!! I will be filling in for a special ed teacher at an elementary school on Friday.

Then, I looked at the website and secured a two day job for next Monday and Tuesday. It's for girl's P.E. at a middle school.

My prayers have been answered! I finally have a way to work when I want to and to earn a little extra money. Danny is so relieved...he hasn't at all enjoyed writing my allowance checks twice a month. He'll still have to write them, but at least there will be a little more flexibility. And, maybe some of you will actually get Christmas gifts. :)

Subbing is definitely not the same as having a full-time job in a school you know with teachers and students that don't change every day, but, hey, I know a blessing when I see one!!

Mark 11:24 (NIV)- Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

4 comments:

Bill said...

LL and I are praising God for this great news right now. Those kids are going to be so blessed to have you in the classroom.

Joy Peterson said...

That is fantastic! I know this will improve your spirits drastically!

It is so funny to hear you speak with affection about those middle school kids...I keep remembering the many conversations we had about how much you were going to not like teaching middle school...

Ginger Carter Miller said...

thank you for putting me on your prayer list!

I am so happy for you -- this will really help you feel more like yourself! I hope you have a wonderful first class.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!! You will be such a great sub......a permanent teaching position isn't far behind! Your kids ask about you all the time, and you know I miss you.

Take care and enjoy your new job! Love ya,
Sarah