Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! There are temperature variances in San Antonio! And, today, they are extreme!
At 5 a.m. this morning, the temperature in town registered at 75 degrees. By 6:30 a.m., the temperature had dropped 20 degrees to 55!!! It was raining and who knows how fast the wind was blowing...a sure sign of cooler weather to come. The highs for the remainder of the week will stay in the upper 70s. Yea!
Since the weather was so yucky and I have been battling a cold since last week and I'm not sure that I have any cooler weather maternity clothes, I decided to cancel my substitute assignment for the day and stay indoors. The cleanliness of my house has really taken a beating with me subbing every day, so I am glad to get caught up on a few chores (although not much has been done yet!).
Danny and I had a productive weekend, but we don't have a whole lot to show for it except the big subtractions in our checkbook. Saturday morning was a big time sleep-in for Miss Kitty and me. My throat was swollen and painful, so we took to the couch. Several hours later college football had started without us. But, we felt much better (Miss Kitty, you see, suffers along with me in life...).
We got ready to face the day rather slowly and then we ventured out to a local Italian restaurant for a late lunch. They have the best lasagna you could ever put in your mouth. I promise. After that, we ran some other errands, and, ultimately, made our way to Babies R Us. Now, please remember that we spent about $350 at Toys R Us a few weeks ago. Saturday, we added another $300 to our total baby-spending. It just seems to come out of our bank account in hundreds. We bought a mattress for the crib (the poor baby now has a place to sleep...of course he will sleep on the most expensive mattress they sell because it was the only one with the correct dimensions), a zipper bag thingy for the mattress, two mattress pads, a changing table pad, another lamp that matches our stuff, a DVD, a CD, a couple of books, and a toy. I think Danny and I had more fun in the books and toys aisle than anywhere else. We could have stayed there for hours!
We stopped for a quick snack at Chick-fil-A since it was 9:30 p.m. at that point and headed back to our neck of the woods to crash. Tyler's room suddenly looked like a warehouse for a baby store...
Sunday morning we were up and moving and realized that we might need to check the time, as we were getting ready a little luxuriously. The service at the church we've been attending starts at 10:30, and it was 10:25 when we caught sight of the clock. Oooops! So, we revised our plan and attended a different church that is a lot closer to our house and starts at 10:45. We still like the other church better, but at least we got a glimpse of another congregation in the area.
We had lunch, went to Target (where an additional $100 was spent on Tyler), went home to watch football, went to Yavontka and Melvin's (Meya's parents') house to pick up a grill they donated to us, ate dinner, and went to Wal-Mart. Busy, busy, busy, but we weren't done yet.
Somehow, last night when we should have been getting ready for bed, we wound up in Tyler's room getting his bed ready. What a mess! If anyone can explain to me how to put a crib bumper in the crib correctly, I would be so thankful. I just don't understand how it's supposed to be done, and, of course, it doesn't come with instructions since it is so self-explanatory. I pray that the kid never has a leaky diaper in the night because it will take an army to get the bed remade. I'll have to post pictures later today or tomorrow once we make a few more improvements to the area.
Anyway, that's what's happening here in San Antonio today. It's chilly out, but I have the day off, so I am thrilled. If I can get enough housework done, I might even get to do some more work on Ty's scrapbook...here's to hoping!
Have a blessed day, y'all!
*** Oh, and by the way, can you believe that I am 30 weeks pregnant??? Let the countdown begin! Only 10 weeks to go until we meet the little man (unless he decides to get cozy and stay until January in which case I will be very unhappy with him).
Monday, October 22, 2007
Brrrrr...Baby, it's cold outside!
Posted by The Watsons at 10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Being pregnant in the winter is the best! Enjoy the cool weather.
Yes, making up those cribs is a full workout, and it really never seems to get any easier as long as the bumper pads are in there. But, they look so cute - gotta have them while you can!
I am with J on the crib workout. Remember my blog about lowering the crib and me not removing the bumper pads? Poor JP's toe paid the price!
Oh, just keep watching in awe as that checkbook balance dwindles...I sent another package to you last week--it should have been there Friday. Anyway, I am glad that I sent a gift receipt because some of the things I purchased for you-you bought this weekend. Oh well, just get the refund on a gift card and start stocking up on diapers!
I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! And I can't believe that you are already 30 weeks. When the time comes for me to get pregnant again, I am hoping that I'll be due in the Spring, so I'll get to be pregnant in the winter...since I love cold weather much more so than hot!
Yes, we all want to see the pictures of the nursery. I need something like this to cheer me up this week.
I still haven't figured out the bumper thing...and yes, mine still have theirs on-they never used it to step on and they don't sleep well without it cause they bump their head on the bars!
And I am with you, bring on some chilly weather!! Although, these colds sure are a pain in the butt!
Can't wait to see some pics of the nursery!!
Post a Comment