Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mommy Trial Run-Day One

After my first day of keeping Meya, here are a few things things I learned about mommies:

  • Mommies have to wake up very, very, very early in the morning.
  • Mommies have to have a plan for the day, including clothes, food, diapers, etc.
  • Mommies have to carry supplies everywhere.
  • Mommies have to keep their houses clean while a toddler's main goal is to make it messy again.
  • Mommies have to do almost everything (gather what you will from this one).
  • Mommies must cook dinner and entertain the children at the same time (thank God for baby videos and t.v.)
  • Mommies have to half-eat while they help the little one eat. No wonder being a mommy is a good diet plan.
  • Mommies have to ignore the food being dropped on the floor and clean it up later.
  • Mommies have to appreciate the toddler way of eating; otherwise, they'd go crazy worrying about the applesauce dripping all over the table and chair.
  • Smart mommies invest in plastic bibs for toddlers.
  • Mommies have back problems from leaning over bathtubs every night and picking up little wet bodies when the bubbles are all gone.
  • Mommies are probably sweating by the time the baby is having reading time, and reading time makes mommies want to fall asleep.
  • Mommies are grateful for the little ones they tuck in bed and not so grateful for the messes they have to clean before they can go to bed themselves so they can start all over very, very, very early in the morning.

But, mommies are a proud bunch. They wouldn't trade any of the inconveniences in the world for those sweet eyes looking at them and the precious hugs that are so frequent when they're little.

God bless mommies!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You just described my day in a nutshell! Except I forgo the bibs-there's no point b/c they ALWAYS pull them off!

Joy Peterson said...

This is very good experience for you! Not that you really needed it though. The half eating thing and the back pain really struck a cord with me...I think that is why I snack so much during the day at work...because I know that at home, I won't be able to eat much.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, don't be overwhelmed...all of this accumulates over time...it is normally peaceful and slow at first. I know these types of things really overwhelmed me before I had AK. But you naturally fall into a routine and everyday, something little changes to add to your life. It is wonderful, especially when they are your own!
Love in Christ, Kyle

Anonymous said...

Jenn, don't be overwhelmed...all of this accumulates over time...it is normally peaceful and slow at first. I know these types of things really overwhelmed me before I had AK. But you naturally fall into a routine and everyday, something little changes to add to your life. It is wonderful, especially when they are your own!
Love in Christ, Kyle

max harrell said...

Jenn, my you are a fast study, you cuaght on real quick to mommyhood. Thank God for the sweet eyes and the precious hugs, they make up for the lack of rest, the messy house and the cookin n cleaning. Well, most of the time they make up for it. It is tough, too late for you to back out. Tyler Reed will be here before you know. Sleep, rest and eat out as much as you can before due date.
Love, c.

Bill said...

Good practice for you kiddo, good practice.
I'm so thankful that you are able to keep this sweet child. I know her mama feels very good about leaving her in your hands.