Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick-or-Treat 2009

Since we spent the day at Cox Farms (see post below), I had decided we'd just call it an early night and pass out candy to the neighborhood kiddos while we kept our little ones indoors and out of their costumes. Well, when the first crew of toddlers came knocking on my door, I got my panties in a wad and just could not allow trick-or-treating to go on without us. So, the Thomas costume emerged from the closet, the little sister was loaded into the Baby Bjorn (complete with her halloween bow), the camera was put in the pocket, and off we went.

For whatever reason, Ty would not leave the house without George. I thought he was simply adorable as a Curious George toting Thomas the Tank Engine.

This is the first halloween that he could actually participate in, so we had to do some educating in the way of basic trick-or-treat etiquette. We were about halfway through our neighborhood when Ty realized that we weren't actually going to stay at anyone's house and that it was inappropriate to try to do so. It was around that time when he also decided that ringing doorbells and knocking on doors was fabulous entertainment. At the last two houses, he finally reached into the candy bowl that was offered to him, chose a piece of candy, and placed it in his bag. It is important to note that George took up all of his free hands, so Mommy held the candy bag throughout the trick-or-treating experience. I find this to be appropriate, however, since, let's be honest, Danny and I will be the ones to enjoy the candy smorgasbord. Yes, I suppose in some ways we used our 21 month old, dressed in a costume, to score free candy. But, really, are we the only ones??

I had a ball trick-or-treating with my family this year, and I can hardly wait until next year when little sister will be walking around with her own candy bag and learning the trick-or-treating ropes. So exciting!



Pre-trick-or-treating



Not understanding that it was really okay to take candy from the bowl...he's such a polite fellow.


My sweet trick-or-treater


The rain forced us indoors. We looked like a bunch of wet rats, especially sister--bless her heart!


The mini m&ms were the perfect treat to enjoy before bedtime!


He kept calling the brown m&ms black. I chose not to correct him. I think they're a dark enough brown that they can count as black. Am I wrong to mislead the child??
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, Y'ALL!!

1 comments:

ewhill said...

I can't believe what a fabulous Halloween you guys had! My Gym, a farm, and trick-or-treating in your neighborhood were really cool activities. It looked like Tyler had a ball. It is great that you are documenting these moments for the kids to see one day.
Happy Halloween!
Love,
Mom