Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blowout

I had heard of diaper blowouts before, but I had never experienced one personally.

Until tonight.

I knew it was bad when the gas Lydie was passing felt like it might register on the Richter Scale. When the smell that accompanied it hit my nose, there was no question what I was in for. So, I called for back-up.

For the record, Danny Watson is not a good choice for diaper blowout back-up because he spends the entirety of the emergency situation jumping around the room, holding his nose, and yelling some unidentifiable words through clenched teeth. It is so funny that I can't concentrate on the mission, and, therefore, is not very helpful. Comedic, but mission inhibiting.

The worst part of the whole ordeal was trying to figure out how to get Lydie's saturated onesie (that she was wearing for the first time, by the way) off of her head without smearing poop all over her hair and face. It was a delicate science.

All of this is to say that the Miralax is working exceptionally well for Lydie. So well, in fact, that I am running out of stain remover, diapers, and clean clothes at record speed.

The Miralax has been so explosive in its effectiveness (pun intended) that we are going to give the dark karo syrup a try for a few days to see if we can keep things moving without them being quite so dramatic.

I mean, there's only so much poop up to the back my baby girl's neck that I can handle. I have my limits.

Other than navigating our way through diaper blowouts, we are somewhat homebound with low-grade fevers and runny noses. Some coughs have been heard, but we think we're just dealing with regular old colds thanks to our visit to Walter Reed last week when we were, no doubt, exposed to approximately a gazillion nasty germs.

Don't think for a second, however, that a little cold bug is going to keep us away from our family outing to The Wiggles concert tomorrow. No sirree, we've got singing and dancing to do with Murray, Anthony, Jeff, Sam, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Wags the Dog, and Captain Feathersword.

That, and there's certainly going to be some cotton candy that will need to be eaten. I wouldn't miss that chance for the world!








2 comments:

ewhill said...

I am glad that Lydie is doing better with her bathroom situation, but she is going to be a very unhappy camper one day when she sees this personal stuff on a blog.
Cute pictures. One happy family.
I can't wait to hear about The Wiggles tomorrow!
Love,
Mom

Joy Peterson said...

I can't get over how beautiful that little girl is! I mean, those eyes are just amazing!

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon! We're all snotty here (except JP) but no fevers to speak of....

So glad the miralax is working for Lydie...bless her heart...I can only imagine how much better she feels!