
Today, we called in sick. At 6 a.m., I was up and on the phone trying to make an appointment for Tyler to see the doctor. At 6:20 a.m., Lydie was awake and ready for breakfast. By 7 a.m., I was tired enough to feel like I'd put in a whole day's work. Not necessarily a good start.
We scheduled an appointment for Tyler at 1:20 p.m., and after three hours in the doctor's office, complete with a strep test, a chest x-ray, bloodwork, no naps, and very little food, we were sent home with instructions to ride out the end of this virus that seems to have my little man walking around with a runny nose and moderate fever. The doctor seemed to think that this bug has been running its course long enough that Ty would be as good as new within a day or so.
I was panicked for a while there because Ty and I have airline tickets to go to San Antonio tomorrow afternoon for Kai's birthday. I surely didn't want to travel with a sick child and then turn around and get all the other children sick. Thankfully, the doctor seems to think we shouldn't need to worry about taking our germs on the road.
In all honesty, I was going to Texas no matter what. I might have chosen to take Lydie instead of Ty (which would have really stunk because Lydie is not much of a birthday party animal quite yet), but I wasn't going to miss this trip. I need familiar faces, familiar territory, and some time away like I've never needed those things before. I'm pretty darn desperate.
And, with Ty as my official traveling companion, I'm looking forward to a great time.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Sick Day
Posted by The Watsons at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can't wait to hear about your trip.
What a sweet husband you have to fly y'all to Texas AND watch a baby by himself. You are a lucky girl, indeed. I don't know many men who would do that.
Hope Tyler is 100% now.
Those pictures of Tyler are adorable. I am so glad that I gave him that chair. He looks like he really enjoys it. Remember when he kept rolling out of it when he was really little?
Ya'll be careful going and coming on the trip. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip "home."
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment