Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Best Intentions

Well, as far as blogging is concerned, I have certainly had the best intentions.

On Monday, I intended to write about how much I love my sweet babies, how glad I was to be home to hold both of them, and how watching them laugh together brings me more joy than I ever thought possible.




On Tuesday, I didn't miss a beat in grabbing the camera as Tyler found one of his Christmas presents and his Daddy allowed him to go ahead and open it. "Spoiled" is that child's middle name. In Ty's defense, however, I technically received the Fridge Phonics toy for free after accruing a gazillion Pampers points over the course of my almost two years of raising children.

Danny was right--the kid did wear the diapers that earned the points. It's the least we could do to allow him to play with the reward he rightly earned.

And, it gives me good reason to find something else to put under the Christmas tree for him.




As for today, I didn't snap a single picture.

But, today brought the best news I have heard in a long, long time.

Danny woke me up this morning to tell me that we are to report to Eglin AFB in Florida no later than June 30, 2010.

HALLELUJAH!! We are getting the heck out of D.C. in approximately seven months. Do you think it's too early to begin packing??

The best part of this news is that the Air Force has confidence enough in my husband to place him in charge of the labor office there. That's right! Major Danny Watson will be the head honcho of his office, and my kids and I will be living on the beach.

I am already smelling the sweet ocean breezes and feeling the sand between my toes!

5 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

SOOOOOOO excited about those AWESOME orders. And a little envious. What a blessing.

Now soak up some DC culture. You'll be soaking up some Florida sun in no time.

LOVE that top picture. The real fun is starting. Fights come later...

Unknown said...

SOOO jealous!!! That is awesome for you guys!
Zach found a present last week at my in-laws house. His response? How did Santa get my present over to Mom Mom's house?! Oops!

ewhill said...

Wow! You will be having a lot of Florida company! I am so excited!

Love,
Mom

Joy Peterson said...

You already know how excited I am about these orders...I'm just hoping that Major Watson will finish out his career there!

And since your BFF is an avid weather watcher, you all are more than welcome to retreat from hurricanes in Rome : )

KatieMGreen said...

Jealous! That is so awesome, and I am happy that you have a light at the end of the tunnel! :)

And could Lydie's dimples be any more beautiful?!? I don't think so.