Monday, November 9, 2009

Spectacular Sunday

Yesterday was a spectacular Sunday. Best one we've had in a long time.

For several weeks now, we've been planning to try out a church here in town, but something is always getting in the way. This week, fevers and snotty noses kept us home. We are determined to find a church to attend, but we're not sure if we'll ever get to visit anywhere before flu season ends! Hopefully, it won't be that long of a delay.

It has been chilly here the past week, so when the temperatures were in the mid 60s yesterday afternoon, we loaded up the stroller and went on a family walk. It was nice to see the area in which we live at a little slower pace, not to mention we found a neat little shortcut trail off the main road that led to a nearby park with three toddler play areas. It was definitely not a trail I'd take by myself because it looked like a perfect place for a woman with two small children to be abducted, but it's nice to know it's there when we're all out together. Just knowing those play areas are there makes it worth the short drive when we need some fresh air.

Other than our four mile walking adventure, I'm not sure what else made Sunday so great, but it was. I like days like that.



2 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

Days like that are wonderful! I'm so ready for a relaxing weekend, I just can't stand it...not sure when I'll get one, but I can keep hoping, can't I?

Julie, the mama said...

That does sound like a great Sunday. I love family walks!

Cute pictures.