Our trip to the Wiggles concert on Thursday was FABULOUS!! If your kids like The Wiggles at all and this show comes your way, don't miss it!!
We rode the Metro down to the Verizon Center where the concert was held, and that went smoothly for us. In fact, everything went perfectly except for the 25 minutes or so we had to wait for the show to start. But, we won't discuss that part. I'm certain the people around us thought we were complete and total lunatics who had no ability to discipline our toddler and had no business having a second baby before the first one was well trained. They were probably right, but, once the show started, our kiddos were the only ones not acting a fool and having breakdowns. Pick your battles, folks.
Anyway, the show was at 3 p.m., and I knew we were going to be in a dangerous territory without naps under our belts. But, the second show was at 6:30 p.m., and that wasn't going to be any better. Ultimately, the sleepiness might have helped because once I popped in the paci, Tyler snuggled up with me and never moved a muscle for the entire 90 minute show (except for a few breakouts of dancing when he heard his favorite songs).
Speaking of favorite songs, yours truly was like some psycho kids band fan when they started playing Mr. Knickerbocker. That one is our favorite song, and we sing it all. the. time. Tyler even squealed and did all the motions with me. It was a blast!!
As much as Ty enjoyed the show, Lydie ignored it by sleeping through almost the whole thing. Danny swears they sang and danced, too, but every time I looked over, she was snoozing away. I think we can guess who was really doing all the singing and dancing.
A fun time was had by all, and these kinds of events remind me of why I love having kids so much!
We rode the Metro down to the Verizon Center where the concert was held, and that went smoothly for us. In fact, everything went perfectly except for the 25 minutes or so we had to wait for the show to start. But, we won't discuss that part. I'm certain the people around us thought we were complete and total lunatics who had no ability to discipline our toddler and had no business having a second baby before the first one was well trained. They were probably right, but, once the show started, our kiddos were the only ones not acting a fool and having breakdowns. Pick your battles, folks.
Anyway, the show was at 3 p.m., and I knew we were going to be in a dangerous territory without naps under our belts. But, the second show was at 6:30 p.m., and that wasn't going to be any better. Ultimately, the sleepiness might have helped because once I popped in the paci, Tyler snuggled up with me and never moved a muscle for the entire 90 minute show (except for a few breakouts of dancing when he heard his favorite songs).
Speaking of favorite songs, yours truly was like some psycho kids band fan when they started playing Mr. Knickerbocker. That one is our favorite song, and we sing it all. the. time. Tyler even squealed and did all the motions with me. It was a blast!!
As much as Ty enjoyed the show, Lydie ignored it by sleeping through almost the whole thing. Danny swears they sang and danced, too, but every time I looked over, she was snoozing away. I think we can guess who was really doing all the singing and dancing.
A fun time was had by all, and these kinds of events remind me of why I love having kids so much!
This is a terrible photo, but it's the only one we have to prove that Tyler went to the show. I felt like it had to be included. And, I'll be able to remember how the paci saved the day. Again.
This shows how much Lydie enjoyed the show.
Jeff, in the purple, is Ty's favorite Wiggle. My favorite is Sam, in the yellow. Danny likes Captain Feathersword (middle of back row), who is a friend of The Wiggles. Lydie hasn't picked a favorite yet, but we predict she'll like Dorothy the Dinosaur (to the right of Captain F).
Here's Lydie with her Wiggles souvenir, Dorothy the Dinosaur. Dorothy likes roses, so, since Lydie's middle name is Rose, we thought this was an appropriate take-away gift. Unfortunately, Ty thought it was inappropriate that Lydie got a Dorothy and he didn't, even though he got a Wiggles car and a Wiggles light-up wand. So, now we're sort of sharing all the Wiggles toys.

3 comments:
I was waiting to find out how the trip to the Wiggles concert went. Glad to see fun was had by all.
Love,
Mom
oh, yay! So glad y'all had such a fun time.
That's too funny! I can only imagine how you looked dancing to The Wiggles! So glad Ty had a great time....wish the Wiggles (or a show of some sort would come to Rome...)
Post a Comment